OCR02034 - Final Fantasy IV "Bridge to Eternity"

The 2:10 part is epic. It's easy to use up the cool parts of source and run out of stuff to rise to 20 seconds into the mix instead of building to something massive. Someone's showing the newb mixers how to do it right. My favorite bLiNd track from the album, and among my favorites from the album overall. Hard, epic, and no detracting chun li shouts. :P

It's a lovely track. This reminds me; I was trying to find some sound files online, and was browsing another site, and there was a link to one user's files. Basic ftp layout. Among the files was one .torrent file for EoBLoR... made me lol.

Looks like everyone's enjoying the album, which includes this epic track! ^_^

Why wasn't this posted earlier?! This is one of my favorite electro-house tracks by the man himself!

So to begin my review, not even two seconds into this club mix of "Within the Giant" and I'm sucked in to give it a 10/10. The reason why is the opening chord for that pad goes very well with the actual "source-ish" sounding effect. The 303 arpeggios sound generic but that's what keeps the track grooving. I wasn't a big fan of the bell leads, but once the detuned saw comes in with the main melody after a group of whirling synthetic winds usher it in, I'm on the Bridge to Eternity.

Bottom line: The source is recognizable, the synth patches are excellent, the arrangement is beyond superb and doesn't get boring, it has a groove. What negative thing can I say about it?! Listen to this track! THIS is what OC Remix is all about!

This track is fantastic, been in my head for days now. First thing that caught me was how dancable it is. The way the bass and synth seem to just pulse is great; when that first lead hits I can't help but begin to bob my head on the claps. Also, I really dug how the main melody comes in on piano at the very beginning and how it's paired with the string-synth in various ways, beautiful. Sounds great at home and in the car too. This is such a well made song; I absolutely love it, and I'll be listening to it for quite some time.

I'll be honest - I was disappointed initially since I had envisioned a large scale epic track for this source that you'd expect from the game's setup in culminating towards the final battle.

However, bLiNd gives us his dance sexiness here instead, and it is a fine song regardless of expectations. Keep on trucking Jordan, you bring much guaranteed good listening :-) !

It's bLiNd. What more can one ask for?

Personally, at this moment, I still prefer Golbez simply because of how I did NOT expect it to turn out the way you did it, making it that much more awesome. BUT. B-U-T. This one is still awesome.

Listening to it in the car really gives my speakers a workout from the low end sexiness you put in there. Listening on headphones, however, shows how much you worked that stereo with the delays and pans. There's a lot of layering but it never becomes overwhelming or incomprehensible. Stellar production and intelligent instrument choices. Really, I can't say much more than exactly what Liontamer said.

It's the hotness.

• 2 years later...

Having listened to this more than 1000 times…it is difficult to fully describe how amazing it is. Seems to flow just right and last for eternity as something I’ll never get bored of. I can always imagine this music played in sync with some epic montage that builds up to 2:11, but never really loses its energy even though it reaches 4:24. Makes me feel lucky to have the FLAC version.

Edited by Executor

• 1 year later...

I've heard a handful of bLiNd's music and I can't say I'm a fan, but this has got to be some of the sweetest EDM I've ever heard. When that beat really comes in, the song just gets this giant and epic sound that can only be described as freaking awesome. When the lead synth comes in with the melody, it just rips up like a madman. I hate dancing, but I just had to get up and move to this one. Gold.

I've heard a handful of bLiNd's music and I can't say I'm a fan, but this has got to be some of the sweetest EDM I've ever heard. When that beat really comes in, the song just gets this giant and epic sound that can only be described as freaking awesome. When the lead synth comes in with the melody, it just rips up like a madman. I hate dancing, but I just had to get up and move to this one. Gold.

I agree, this has been on my playlist for a long time. It never gets old :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02034 - Final Fantasy IV "Bridge to Eternity"
  • 4 months later...