My Music Videos, for your remixes.

setzertrancer

Hey everyone, I have started with my increasing video editing skills to create music videos for some of my favorite video game remixes on the OCremix.org site.

I am putting these in order of newest to oldest, because that also tends to coincide with epic to n00b. I wouldn't want you to watch my first one first and assume the rest are like that.

Golbez & Goblins by bLiNd

I have created a brand new music video for bLiNd's Golbez & Goblins remix. My best work by a long shot, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIgVpCajYM

Starman by Akumajobelmont

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01383/

Endless Rage by 8-Point Rose

This was entered in a competition where if it won it would have become the official music video for this song. It only came 3rd and in retrospect was a little bit of a step backwards in quality. I think I had a bit of a Ed Wood syndrome as it didn't turn out as good as a thought it was going to be. I think this was due mostly to the time limit I was under and the fact that I wasn't at all inspired by this song and didn't understand what the lyrics were trying to say. I just made it for the sake of trying a competition that required it be this song. So due to not having any real plan or direction turned out very random. I think I learned not to try and make a video to a song that dosn't inspire me from this at least. On the other hand it a step forward in being the first time I've tried putting real life footage I recorded myself in a music video.

In the Dark of the Night by Anastsia sound track

A WOW Machinima Music video, to an awesome song from the movie Anastsia.

In World of Warcraft context it is about a good human priest who becomes evil after being turned into an undead. He is then exiled by his fellow humans and then swears to kill every royal human that turned on him. But a woman escapes his grasp and then he raises an army of tauren and skeletons to find and kill her. The video was inspired thanks to the Nostalgia Critics Top 11 Villian songs when he complained that as awesome as this song was, the video for it was lame and so I made my best effort to give it an appropriately awesome video.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=157049 - View it here for the intended audio to be intact

Dublin Delight by Makke

This is a really fun song with funny and catchy lyrics about the devil trying to convince a passer by to come to his pub rather then an inn. A fun song that sounds like something you would sing in a pub arranged to World of Warcraft Clips I recorded myself. Credit for the song goes to Makke from OCremix.org, check out his other songs they are all this good. This is what's known as a Machinima video, a video using in game footage

The End by Tefnek

This is a Final Fantasy VII and Crisis Core music video about Cloud and Sephiroth and is my most epic video to date. Unlike my previous ones this is the most upbeat and fastest song yet and it was while making this that I realized the Cyberlink video editor was crap as it wasn't even capable of being in sync with the music when you play the preview from anywhere but the start. After 15 hours of work were wasted I got Sony Vegas and had to start from scratch, lesson learned.

Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk

This one uses Final Fantasy IX clips and probably took the longest out of all of these because I had not anticipated what I was getting my self into, this was a lot harder then I imagined it would be to put together. Some people comment that some of the clips come up halved and I say this was intentional as it signifies when the voice in the video says part of the word such as make instead of makes or ever and never for example.

The Rose General by Katethegreat19

This one uses Final Fantasy IX clips to a very soft and melodic song with amazing vocals by katethegreat19. This was the song I feel in love with and inspired me to start making music videos for real and not just test the capabilities of my video editor. I also sync the actual footage i choose to use with the lyrics in the song. Katethegreat19 herself gave me some very positive feedback.

Squaresoft Variation by Jeremy Soule

Uses the clips from the PSX version of Final Fantasy 6. My recommendation is don't watch this, it's my first and it shows. There's no denying that it's a great song though. when I made this video I didn't know I was going to start making music videos as a hobby. I mostly made this to test out what my video editor could do.

The only tip I have time to offer is: any credits for content used should be as unintrusive as possible, i.e. not in the middle of the visuals, and not in giant, blocky text with gaudy colors. Good progress so far.

Thanks, I was wondering was people thought about that. I should only have credits at the end from now on, although I still think it's appropriate to have the name of the song and artist at the start in the bottom left corner and the red and blue colors of it are kind of my trademark color so I wouldn't want to get rid of that. Do you think it's okay to have the color for that bit, or do you think I should make it more subtle colors?

Thanks, I was wondering was people thought about that. I should only have credits at the end from now on, although I still think it's appropriate to have the name of the song and artist at the start in the bottom left corner and the red and blue colors of it are kind of my trademark color so I wouldn't want to get rid of that. Do you think it's okay to have the color for that bit, or do you think I should make it more subtle colors?

I say black, gray, and or white unless you're going in to more detailed imagery. If you had a signature splash image I'd say use colour.

Starman is finished and it is awesome. But the catch is i've entered it in the competition so none of you get to see it until 29th of August. Ha Ha!

Wait that sucks for me even more, well then I 'll have to get my next video out soon, or I'm going to get impatient and disqualify myself from the competition.

I have updated the original post with the next 2 videos I plan to make.

• 1 month later...

I have finished another video, although this time it isn't a OCR. But check it out anyway. Details are on the first post. It is called In the Dark of the Night

Also My plans for the video for Wicked Orchestra has kind of not worked out so it has been put off until further notice and has been removed from the first post.

Ok I'm sorry but those greedy corporate bastards decided to block the video because I did not have rights to the song. So I had to replace the audio with some other random song for it to a least be viewable. This has screwed over all my hard work and I know noone will be bothered playing the audio which can be listened to for free from a single google search, with the video. But it's the best i can do, enjoy seeing the video, but since it's a music video you will need to listen to the song with it for it to make sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...