R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

TMF128

Thanks for merging them.. I know chemo is tough and I guess it was too much at his age. They caught his cancer early, I thought for sure he would be fine..

I was sitting up last night about 3am when everyone was saying he had died, then Wendy (his wife) said that he was alive but not doing well. I went to sleep feeling better knowing he was alive and didn't think he would actually be dead when I woke up. :-(

The man who arguably made popular a symbol that's been used for many years in the world of metal, a voice that was distinct and unique, and the creator of music that I grew up hearing and enjoying.

RIP Ronnie James Dio. The world of metal won't be the same without you.

You know, I'm reminded of something an old OCR poster named soup once said that caught on for a little while in UnMod years ago... WWRJDD? What would Ronnie James Dio do?

Ronnie James Dio's output was astonishing - He fronted three of the biggest acts in rock history, sang many classics of heavy metal, had one of the best voices of the style, popularized the devils horns in heavy metal, an icon used by fans of the style religiously, and looking at the interviews he had with people, was a really nice and down to earth guy.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Heavy Metal would not be the same had you not been a part of it.

Rust In Peace, metal god. \m/

My bud called me about this after work yesterday so we took a few pils and went to the beach on a rainy afternoon, set up a boombox with Dio and started singing the classics. Metal pioneer and great humanitarian to boot! The world is a little less for his passing, but alot better for his time when he was with us.

Now God doesn't only hate fags - he hates Dio, as well (the contradiction is hilarious, if you think about it).

Oh, and according to a Westboro preacher that walked onto the UNM campus some time ago all musicians are going to hell, all women are hookers and the pope is the anti-christ (back with JP2). Love those guys - it's like reading the covers to the tabloids. 'Course, can't say I enjoyed the small riot he caused outside the music department (a few students got arrested, during that debacle), but that's the price to pay when one of those guys walk onto the scene.

And damn, it's a real shame Dio had to go. I liked the solo stuff he was coming out with :sad:.