*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Hyrulian Sunset'

djpretzel

My ReMixer name = Setu_Firestorm

My real name = George R. Powell

My email address = Setu_the_Dragonslayer@otakumail.com

My website = http://setu.castleparadox.com My userid on the forums = 264

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed = Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Name of individual song(s) ReMixed = Hyrulian Sunset

Link =

Comments: My friend and I once talked about how neat it would be to make a movie of The Legend of Zelda. Although we obviously weren't going to do it, I did get a piece of music in my head that I wanted to get out. This piece is the original composition that I am submitting to you. It is original, though it does, in some areas, use the original theme of Zelda as a melodic line. I wasn't sure whether or not to submit this to the First Zelda game, since it is using the original theme and not the theme of OoT, however, I threw in a part in which a harp takes the melody and an ocarina mimics it, just to add a neat little insider thing. However, if you think it should be placed under the original Zelda game profile, by all means. I composed it in a matter of

2 and a half hours on the Korg Triton that I use at my church.

--

Get your free email from http://www.otakumail.com

Powered by Outblaze

Overall, this was a nicely crafted piece compositionally. Not particularly innovative, but in theory it would work as a Zelda movie score piece like Setu intended.

Samples are pretty exposed at some points. The movement of the strings from note to note is noticeably unrealistic, and (minor detail) that wind instrument from 3:16 to 3:30 was bad. The resolution with the string samples was bad as well at 4:48, which sounded exposed and thin right then and there.

More importantly though, the production is crud, and it's an easy denial merely on that. Surely this could be mastered better. Tighten this up, please.

NO

Basically larry got this one down. Lots of sample quality issues, especially with the Eq on those strings.

Secondly, we have really high standards for piano remixes on this site. This isn't exactly a piano remix cause of the strings, sure. But the strings are nothing but minimal chords. This this remix has to promote something special with the piano or at least some other instrument, but it does not.

Biggest issue here is that the song just lacks in the activity department.

NO

Not a bad interpretation at all; it comes off quite pretty, aside from the fact that those synth strings really start grating on one's ears after a while.

There's some repetition issues too, but I think you can work on that too. Try to go for some more highs and lows, rather than just establishing the atmosphere and going with it. This doesn't seem like a tone-poem. :wink:

So yeah, samples and arrangement, but DEFINITELY not a lost cause at all. Fix stuff and go for a resubmit!

NO