Super Mario Galaxy 2

JoeFu

so I played this game on my friend's completely hacked wii, and the filename was "super mario galaxy more"

assuming it's a direct translation of the japanese subtitle, they couldn't have been more accurate

it's literally super mario galaxy... more

That is the Japanese to English direct translation I am assuming.

I'm finished completely with this game, and I'm about to do the same thing I did with the first one, trade it in.

I thought it was a well made game production wise, but they seriously need to quit trying to put more story in Mario games, the RPG's I can understand, but platformer Mario doesn't really need it. Plus, I'm getting tired of the way 3D Mario games are structured. Quit making me talk to creatures that have nothing meaningful to say, quit making me return to the ship after every star, let me skip the intro to the stars if I want to. And I KNOW there are prankster comets!! I knew it two stages ago!!

And if I'm going to fight Bowser, why not make the fight different each time? Bowser Jr.'s fights seemed more interesting. And why not use the Koopa Kids? Why bring them back for one game?

I actually want more new 2D Mario than 3D.

I thought it was a well made game production wise, but they seriously need to quit trying to put more story in Mario games, the RPG's I can understand, but platformer Mario doesn't really need it.

I disagree, I like having story in my Mario. I'd actually heard that SMG2 was pretty light on story, so it's good to hear that there's still some in there.

Game's coming out this week over here, I'm looking forward to it!

I disagree, I like having story in my Mario. I'd actually heard that SMG2 was pretty light on story, so it's good to hear that there's still some in there.

Game's coming out this week over here, I'm looking forward to it!

If you like it, fine. But not everybody does, oh well. I keep forgetting gamers keeps making games out to be like it's a fine dining experience (that's not directed at you Tinus), without really looking at the "meal" itself.

I beat the game last night, I've just got 8 more stars left to find before I get to go on my Green Star search, which sounds really daunting from what I've read. The OST is great, I got it yesterday! Also, I thought the story was pretty minimal in SMG2, but now that it's been pointed out, I too felt like it was kind of annoying that every time I collected a star I had to return to the ship and then go through that whole sequence again, but I don't think it detracts from the overall experience, really.

btw: FUCK the stone spiral galaxy. I hated it in the first Galaxy, and I don't appreciate it's revival =p

Now I own all 242 stars. I can honestly say that this game reminds me of why I don't buy video games, they have become too easy and/or dull. The green stars were a joke to get and, the bonus you get from collecting all 120 of them is not worth it.

Here's hoping "Metroid: Other M" will boost my confidence in the gaming industry.

so I played this game on my friend's completely hacked wii, and the filename was "super mario galaxy more"

assuming it's a direct translation of the japanese subtitle, they couldn't have been more accurate

it's literally super mario galaxy... more

Haha, yes, same. I need to rename the file.

But yeah, that was definitely my first impression. I think somewhere in this thread it was stated that the game was originally conceived as an expansion pack.