OCR02036 - Mass Effect "Nova Siberia"

Check OCR, see Mass Effect remixes. See that one is of my favorite song. Glee overwhelming.

The original song was one I actually didn't pay attention to in the first game, and went into a reverie listening to it in the sequel- on the radio in the captain's cabin. It's just so haunting. This does it absolute justice.

Mass Effect had an awesome soundtrack. Definitely glad to see some remixes up here. Very atmospheric, and it definitely sounds like there is just a lot of stuff going on in the track - which is awesome. I agree with the length though... It's too short! I just wanted it to keep going, perhaps including another buildup and drop, but it is still great as it. 4/5.

Absolutely loved it. I'm a massive fan of the original ME soundtrack (2nd one too). Very full, and it retains that winter feel.

I agree with everything here. It's funny, "winter feel" sounds like such an abstract concept, but it seems so universally identifiable. This song has it (as does the original Noveria). Sonic 3 Ice Cap zone has it. Secret of Mana A Wish (ice forest theme) has it.

Dunno what the point is, just very tight remix that keeps the spirit well. When it sounds good enough, it doesn't need a soxrox melody.

It's interesting hearing a remix from a more modern game like Mass Effect, especially of a more background type of track like was used for Noveria.

This track is fitting though, as it's a different yet similarly framed as an atmospheric track to be listened to in the background. It adds some more interpretive mechanical instrumentation, strings, and synth action that stretches & warps the music into the mindtrip it is.

Nice work! :nicework:

...and another song that sounds unbelievably Deus-Ex-y. Must have something to do with the source tune.

First thing I noticed, besides how calming it started, was the unique use of drum delay-panning. I have to say I love it. On top of that, you've meshed the synthetic noises with what sounds like sampled live strings (at some points it sounds like you traded them in for a really crisp high-boosted string synth). Fantastic soundscape throughout, with top notch production. The whole song is just smooth and awesome. It just feels a tad too short. It's easily loopable as a song, so I will definitely be putting it on repeat, but I really hoped for another section or two.

Great stuff. Need more.

Now.

mindtrip

Perfect word for this. Nice, heavy atmosphere; sounds like something you'd hear in a movie while the camera is wandering through some debauched club where everything moves in slo-mo.

Personally, I was actually surprised to hear how much BGC got out of the rather ambient source. Nice work.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Sounds very metalistic, almost like you could hear something like this going through a cold, dark factory. But that's just my imagination running, probably. The fact that you could bring this much emotion and evolution out of source like this one is a pretty big accomplishment to my ears. Perfect length for what was going on, too. To pile on one more thing I liked, that ending was pretty cool as well.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02036 - Mass Effect "Nova Siberia"
  • 2 years later...