StepMania + OC ReMix = this

Klowd1661

Hey, I have an idea, if you are willing to step out a bunch more stuff, would you be willing to put together an OCR Stepfiles Pack? There's alot of great music to this site, but I really suck at editing the music and writing the stepcharts myself, however, it would be great if someone were willing to collab with me on one, I definitely wouldn't not help, but my skills lie more in the graphics production and such...lemme know. It would be nice to contribute something to Bemanistyle and Zenius-i-vanisher anyway since they've provided me about 3 years of Awesome now...

Of course, there would have to be a degree of discussion before undertaking a project like this...but it's something I'd really like to do...and the stepchart is okay in that song in the video, however, one thing that would be a concern is making the songs Pad-friendly, not everyone plays with a Keyboard...

Anyways, if you would like to discuss the topic with me, PM me here, or IM me, I believe my YIM and AIM information are on my profile.

Hey, I have an idea, if you are willing to step out a bunch more stuff, would you be willing to put together an OCR Stepfiles Pack? There's alot of great music to this site, but I really suck at editing the music and writing the stepcharts myself, however, it would be great if someone were willing to collab with me on one, I definitely wouldn't not help, but my skills lie more in the graphics production and such...lemme know. It would be nice to contribute something to Bemanistyle and Zenius-i-vanisher anyway since they've provided me about 3 years of Awesome now...

Of course, there would have to be a degree of discussion before undertaking a project like this...but it's something I'd really like to do...and the stepchart is okay in that song in the video, however, one thing that would be a concern is making the songs Pad-friendly, not everyone plays with a Keyboard...

Anyways, if you would like to discuss the topic with me, PM me here, or IM me, I believe my YIM and AIM information are on my profile.

I can actually bring this up on many SM forums I'm a part of. As well, with FFR coming back soon, I can see what I can do for there.

I'm already stepping a few things here and there, but if there's any other steppers who'd be willing to step a few ReMixes, then I'll gladly head an OC ReMix pack.

And if this does happen, I'll be sure to step a few more of them.

Sorry about the double post, but this is to see if there's any interest among OCR to get a OCReMix Stepfiles pack out there...

Anyone willing to contribute to an OCReMix based Stepfiles project, PM me, also, anyone interested in doing a Simfiles pack of Video Game music, also PM me...

If I had the talent for doing this, I'd so do it. But alas, after trying to turn bLiNd's Golbez and Goblins into a step mix... yeah. Epic fail. If people take this on though, you have my luck and support*!

*Especially if you use Golbez and Goblins. It just screams for you to dance to it!

well, we'd love to have you on as a resident stepper for sure...

we'll leave this thread as it is for right now, but eventually we'll need to make a new thread for the project itself...

I only have basic requirements for the stepcharts...

They need be DDR/ITG pad friendly

Mandatory difficulties are Light/Standard/Heavy, although I'd love some Beginner charts too

Steppers need to be able to DDR-edit their music sticking to the length of 1-2 minutes...this is to conserve file space so that we can have more songs...

I will also be creating some banners sometime in the next few days to promote this project around the three sites it's advertised on...and Klowd, whenever FFR is back up, would you be willing to start a project recruiting thread there as well? I don't have an account with the site.

atmuh, that post was rather pointless, your DDR thread has nothing to do with an OCR Stepfiles pack, while there are a few stepfiles posted within the confines of that leviathan, we are looking to create all new simfiles released in packs...thank you for the input, but it was unnecessary.

I'm looking for pad/keyboard friendly...Perhaps I can throw a few songs in there with a subtitle (for keyboard) as a challenge...but I want people with this pack to be able to hook up their pad to the computer and play thru some OCR mixes...it'll definitely reach a larger audience that way...

I can step too, it just takes me an insanely long amount of time to write a stepchart for a song unless I feel it...that and I do classic DDR-style, no freeze arrows...

I did A Nightmare Before Kefka a while ago:

http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=15730

I was quite happy with how it turned out (very paddable - I've done it). The most fun was the 48th/32nd notes-mix near the beginning (there is a heavy/hard difficulty that doesn't have them, and an oni/expert chart that does and goes exactly to the music). Of course, I didn't do any editing of the song (it's just not the same being cut). That was also the song that made be create a very small program to automatically generate .sm-friendly speed-ups/slow-downs so that I wouldn't have to manually create bpms for a full measure at a 192nd-note resolution. It makes the slow-down and speed-up of ANBK keep the song in perfect sync.

Edit: Actually, it has been a while. Because I definitely forgot that I ALSO have done Oil Spill by analoq (from the Sonic 2 album Hedgehog Heaven), which is also paddable (and I've passed it): http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=15729 of which I really like how it came out (except for the hands section near the end, I think it's a little too "involved" now that I look back on it...)

and Darkesword's Hot Ice: http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=2260

Keep in mind that Hot Ice is a pretty old chart...

I was actually just showing that I had done some step files to some OCR mixes so that if people were already looking for some OCR step files, they would have a couple to try. If you want to put them in the pack, that's fine, but you don't have to.

• 2 years later...

Any possibility of reposting these simfiles?

I did A Nightmare Before Kefka a while ago:

http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=15730

I was quite happy with how it turned out (very paddable - I've done it). The most fun was the 48th/32nd notes-mix near the beginning (there is a heavy/hard difficulty that doesn't have them, and an oni/expert chart that does and goes exactly to the music). Of course, I didn't do any editing of the song (it's just not the same being cut). That was also the song that made be create a very small program to automatically generate .sm-friendly speed-ups/slow-downs so that I wouldn't have to manually create bpms for a full measure at a 192nd-note resolution. It makes the slow-down and speed-up of ANBK keep the song in perfect sync.

Edit: Actually, it has been a while. Because I definitely forgot that I ALSO have done Oil Spill by analoq (from the Sonic 2 album Hedgehog Heaven), which is also paddable (and I've passed it): http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=15729 of which I really like how it came out (except for the hands section near the end, I think it's a little too "involved" now that I look back on it...)

and Darkesword's Hot Ice: http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/simfile.php?id=2260

Keep in mind that Hot Ice is a pretty old chart...