Epic orchestral ending

Fernito

Yep, you're totally right. I also thought it could have a quicker bowing in that part, but I wasn't able to find a better sounding sample. Thanks for the feedback anyway :)

EDIT: OK, for some reason I missed the quicker bowing samples when I was looking for it. I'll update it as soon as I have some spare time! Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. =)

What you could probably do in your sampler if you can double tracks, is add the quicker bowing one on to the legato strings. Then make it so that when you hit your keyboard hard it's like Arco, but then when you strike a note soft it's like legato.

Here's a sample:

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?action=single&f=Arco+Strings.mp3

That's if you're using a sampler. If you're using the Play engine I don't know if it'd be supported, but that's ok too, it's just a time saving tip for performance.

Yep, you're totally right. I also thought it could have a quicker bowing in that part, but I wasn't able to find a better sounding sample. Thanks for the feedback anyway :)

EDIT: OK, for some reason I missed the quicker bowing samples when I was looking for it. I'll update it as soon as I have some spare time! Thanks again!

Thanks for the sample, very explanatory :smile:

Anyway, I'm using a sequencer (FL Studio), and the cello samples have a keyswitch that allows me to change the sound from "normal bowing" to "quicker bowing" and others, so that's the way I solved it.

Here's the new version. Does it sound better now?

http://www.mediafire.com/?nviooqnjyzn

Holy crap, yeah that makes a huge difference.

Awesome stuff. Listening more right now....

EDIT: Alright, on that part, I still think that there may be so much reverb on the lower strings that their attacks aren't being noticed.

Here's a clip of one thing you could try. This is just making it so that there's a gap from note to note for the basses. (I know, I'm playing it an octave up and I flubbed the high strings)

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=809

It's a great song by the way...

Oh, sorry! My bad! When I read "awesome stuff, I'm listening more right now" I thought you were listening to my other stuff (see my signature :P)

As for your tip, sadly I wouldn't be able to do so, because that specific sample works in such way that the sound will always have the same duration, no matter whether it is a whole note or a sixteenth note. Anyway, thanks for your interest on helping me with this ^^ I really appreciate it.

Oh ok, then, no problem. In that case the song probably sounds as good as you're gonna be able to get it.

Again, great job. =) It's been 4-5 years since I've used FL Studio, things seem to have seriously changed. (It really wasn't able to make orchestral stuff 4 years ago)