OCR Mascots: Class of Summer 2010 - Voting Closed

djpretzel

Five New Summer 2010 Mascots Added! Vote for 10 More - Cutoff is June 21!

ocr_mascot_153.pngocr_mascot_154.pngocr_mascot_155.pngocr_mascot_156.pngocr_mascot_157.png

Juri (ssf4), Shepherd (Mass Effect), Fei Long (HDR), Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales), and T. Hawk (HDR) have all been added.

UPDATED - VOTING!

I'll be adding the Blue Tap Runner since I said I would, so I'm not including it. There were some great suggestions but I had to boil the list down a bit.

A vb poll really won't work since I think we need everyone to indicate their first, second, and third preferences. So just respond to this thread and hopefully someone can help me tally votes?

When you vote, reply with your first, second, and third preferences from the list. For example, here is my vote:

1. Joe Musashi
  2. Phoenix Wright
  3. Guybrush Threepwood

And here is the list to select from - I know it's not EVERYTHING that was proposed, but I think I hit most of the ones that were more popular, less represented currently, and have mixes, more or less.

• Axl (MMX)
  • Bartz "Butz" Klauser
  • Bill Rizer (Contra)
  • Companion Cube
  • Conker
  • Dr. Light
  • Faize (Star Ocean 4)
  • Goemon
  • Guybrush Threepwood
  • Hakan
  • Heavy (TF2)
  • Heroes of Newerth (weird owl thing)
  • Joe Musashi
  • Kefka
  • LeChuck
  • Luna (Lunar Series)
  • Makoto
  • Master Chief
  • Nathan "Rad" Spencer (Bionic Commando)
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Q*Bert
  • Rayman
  • Red from Pokémon
  • Rygar
  • Sazh Katzroy
  • Zero
  • Zidane

Your first selection gets three points, your second two, and your third one, then we tally the points and go with the top ten. If someone wants to step up and take the lead on tracking votes in a separate reply, I'd be very grateful! We need to get moving so voting will be cut off on the night of June 21, and the new mascots will be added soon after that.

Also, great work on the suggestions - if they didn't make the first cut or they don't get votes, there's always next time!

*Dart Feld and/or Rose from Legend of Dragoon. (I KNOW no one's going to agree with that one, but it had to be said.)

*Locke and/or Celes from Final Fantasy 6.

*Ramza Beoulve and/or Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics.

*Zidane and/or Princess Garnet from Final Fantasy 9.

Yeah, my suggestions are admittedly Final Fantasy heavy. *shrugs* Take 'em if you want, I don't much care... although I really do think Zidane'd be a good choice.

I third Sazh, but it HAS to be the picture with Choco-fro -- http://girlsofwar.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/ff13-sazh-katzroy.jpg

starocean4characters.jpgstar_ocean_4_conceptart_gWqos.png

Star Ocean 4: Edge Maverick, Reimi Saionji, but preferably Faize (no he's not that much taller, they're different pictures)

mc2-render-juto.jpg

Juto, MagnaCarta 2 :-o

132769-12-1.jpg

Tomba! -- Tomba, and a pig

Louis_1.png

Everyone's favorite black post-apocalyptic businessman!

banana-boy-worm-from-worms-2992.png

Worms series: This is a uh, ... worm.

Also if I can, I'd like to take one vote AWAY from Hakan. Last thing I want when visiting a website is to see half-naked oiled up men.

Definitely would like to see some TF2 characters, the Heavy as proposed above would work fine!

Maybe some of the later FF game characters with no current representation would work as well, just very randomly I'm going to say take Fran from FFXII and (since everyone seems to love him) Sazh from FFXIII.

Zero.

Absolutely.

Zero or Dr. Light would be great additions too.

Zero, again, absolutely. Dr. Light is a strongly agree too.

*Locke and/or Celes from Final Fantasy 6.

Very Yes.

*Zidane and/or Princess Garnet from Final Fantasy 9.

VERY Yes.

*Ramza Beoulve and/or Agrias Oaks from Final Fantasy Tactics.

VERY Yes!!!

Though Ramza really should be the first choice here.

Apart from these hearty agreements I'll propose Sigma from the MMX series, Luna from the Lunar Series, and Flik from Suikoden 1 and 2.

All of the following games are without a mascot.

Listed as: suggested character - game appearances...... links to official pictures (no fan art) with white background (unless otherwise noted).

*Cecil Harvey - Final Fantasy IV and related...... cg paladin standing in DS remake, cg dark knight standing in DS remake, art paladin standing, art dark knight standing, Giant Bomb gallery

Bill Rizer - Contra(s)...... Neo Contra - cg standing; Contra III - Lance and Bill (small pic, dark background)... it's hard to find full-body art; I tried but couldn't find suitable character art from Contra 4 (which would be awesome to have)

Quote - Cave Story...... the only thing suitable seems to be fan art, though a pic from one of the endings could likely be cropped and made to work

Sarah Kerrigan - StarCraft series...... art infested kneeling, non-white-background pics at StarCraft Wiki and Giant Bomb

Master Chief - Halo series...... Halo 2 - cg standing; Halo 3 - cg standing 1, cg standing 2, cg standing 3, cg standing 4, cg standing 5; non-white-background pics at Giant Bomb gallery and Creative Uncut, Halo 3 gallery

JC Denton - Deus Ex...... can't find any official full-body art or good cg, only game-generated: cg standing (poor qual; black background)

Manny Calavera - Grim Fandango...... no good-qual pics, could probably crop an in-game pic: cg suit standing, cg pea coat standing (meh qual; non-white, game backgrounds)

Lenneth Valkyrie (/Platina) - Valkyrie Profile series...... VP1 - art standing (iconic pose; sleeve art); VP2 - cg standing 1, cg standing 2 (floating?)

Harry Mason - Silent Hill(s)...... SH1 - cg standing

Conker The Squirrel - Conker's Bad Fur Day (and remake)...... cg standing 1, cg standing 2

*Jack van Burace - Wild Arms (and remake)...... art standing

Ashley Riot - Vagrant Story...... art standing (right leg is unfinished)

Jade - Beyond Good & Evil...... can't find any official full-body art or good cg

Wander - Shadow Of The Colossus...... can't find any official full-body art or good cg

Rena Lanford - Star Ocean(s) (first appears in SO2)...... SO2 - cg standing (iconic pose; dark background); SO2 remake - cg standing; SO Blue Sphere - cg standing 1, cg standing 2

*Nights - NiGHTS series...... NID - cg prancing, cg flying; JOD: cg prancing 1, cg prancing 2

Chaz Ashley - Phantasy Star IV (and remake)...... can't find any official full-body art or good cg

*Maxim - Lufia and Lufia II...... art standing 1, art standing 2

KOS-MOS - Xenosaga trilogy...... X1 - cg standing (black background); X2 - cg standing; X3 - cg standing, cg version 4 standing 1 (same pic with different colors), cg version 4 standing 2

Steelie - Marble Madness

Ark - Terranigma

Splinter or Shredder or Donatello - many games

James Bond - many games

Sly Cooper - Sly Cooper trilogy

Shinra - Ikaruga

Gordon Freeman - Half-Life series

Ratchet - Ratchet & Clank series

Developed and prioritized based on a combination of personal preference and notability. All but the last four games/series have at least one remix (moved them to the bottom for this reason alone). Asterisk was given to games that have/will have an OCR album (but do not yet have a mascot). Wolverine would also be kickass but I left him off the list since there are already X-Men mascots. I'll edit this later this weekend with pic links (edit: done).

Fully agreeing with Joe Musashi, Guybrush Threepwood, and a TF2 char, in that order. Nathan Spencer and Rayman would be good candidates as well.

Edit: AUGH! Fully agreeing with Nathan Spencer as well since there is a freaking remix project on Bionic Commando. Man, I need to stay up with the times.

Wouldn't it be more ideal to have a lot more mascots? I mean adding 5 is nice, but there's probably people who would donate their time to writing up and getting moar mascots on here. I know I've seen that angry punching bag about 20 times, and Tidus about 7. It does a pretty good job of randomizing them but there's just not enough mascots. :-(

angrybag.png

This is what I saw as soon as I posted that and the page refreshed. DAMN IT!! STOP HAUNTING ME!

*Cecil Harvey - Final Fantasy IV

Bill Rizer - Contra(s)

Quote - Cave Story

JC Denton - Deus Ex

Manny Calavera - Grim Fandango

Lenneth Valkyrie (/Platina) - Valkyrie Profile series

Harry Mason - Silent Hill

Ashley Riot - Vagrant Story

*Jack van Burace - Wild Arms

Jade - Beyond Good & Evil

Rena Lanford - Star Ocean, The Second Story

KOS-MOS - Xenosaga trilogy

Wander - Shadow Of The Colossus

Sly Cooper - Sly Cooper trilogy

Steelie - Marble Madness

*Maxim - Lufia 2: Rise Of The Sinistrals

Ratchet - Ratchet & Clank series

Ark - Terranigma

Shinra - Ikaruga

Wolverine - many games

Donatello - many games

Prioritized based on personal preference. Asterisk given to characters from games that have/will have an OCR album but do not yet have a mascot. I'll edit this later this weekend with pic links.

Also fully agreeing with a TF2 char, a LoN char, Joe Musashi, Guybrush Threepwood, and Celes.

Not to be a naysayer or anything, but doesn't FFIV have Rydia roaming around here somewhere? I could swear I see her in her adult form all the time.

And also, I'd love to see Ashley Riot as well as you, K.B., I just didn't think they could find a decent enough image.

EDIT: I'll be darned. I went and checked, and you're right. Ok, I can also back up a vote for Cecil, then.