South Africa World Cup 2010!

Deathtank

Pretty torn right now. I love Ghana (as I've said from the beginning), and I'd love to see an African Team really make it somewhere significant (not that this far isn't significant), but the United States has fought harder than any team I've seen.

The first half Ghana came out and played their hearts out, the second half United States got their second win and Ghana started getting sloppy...

...in the possible overtime, anything could happen, and a shoot-out might give the quarter of the United States (hopefully more, by this point) following the World Cup a fricken heart attack. D:

May the best team win.

Ghana played better overall today, but in that extra time, they should've gotten a ton of yellow cards/red cards for that intentional diving and delaying of the game. What a terrible ref.

You know, up until extra time I thought that this was an exemplary game of sportsmanship in soccer. Annnnd then extra time hit and the same reasons why I've always had a love/hate relationship with professional soccer kicked in. That business about being stretchered off because he feel down on his own, was straight up bullshit. I understand it. But I hate it with understanding.

Entertaining game overall. I thought USA was gonna get one around the 128th minute. Exciting stuff.

Ghana played better overall today, but in that extra time, they should've gotten a ton of yellow cards/red cards for that intentional diving and delaying of the game. What a terrible ref.

I can definitely agree some of that shit was getting ridiculous.

It was a great game. Both teams played hard, Ghana came out and won. The first half the US was totally slacking, Ghana took advantage, second half, USA brought it up.

The last 2 games the US won they were really dominating, they were just getting screwed for lost goals. This game they just didn't get in there. They got 1 PK goal, and nothing else.

GOOD GAME played by both teams. Sad to see this United States team go down after such a good run. SUPER excited my favorite is moving on

The ref actually ignored a lot of the dives and didn't stop the game, and the times he did, he added sufficient stoppage time afterwards. Jozy dove a lot in the first half as well (and got a bunch of free kicks out of it). Arbitrage was decent, especially compared to the earlier games.

But honestly, there were so many fuckups among the US' defense, and the US really lacks a skilled striker that can consistently capitalize on the chances they create, being mostly driven by the midfield power trio consisting of Bradley, Dempsey and Donovan.

They ended up relying too much on free/corner kicks and deep passes/crosses that were just too easy to intercept.

USA totally would've been my dark horse (after S. Korea got eliminated), but I guess I still got Japan!

Oh, and the Netherlands obviously.

Terrible shame USA didn't get to the final round. Ah well, always next year... On a side note, this is probably the first year I've ever been interested in Soccer. If I watch it in the future (which I might) it'll all be thanks to how well the good ol' American team did here.

Just didn't like having no team to root for, you know? :<

Germany probably would've won either way (England's defense was just really really bad), but yeah, 2-2 going into halftime would've made for a more exciting second half I guess.

That said, Germany looks pretty scary (though their defense feels kinda fragile as well) so Germany - Argentina should be a pretty good game (Unless Mexico makes some awesome upset).