South Africa World Cup 2010!

Deathtank

damn! we're playing awefully!!! :x

It started to pick up after about 0:25 when Arg's getting more possession. Man, that offsides goal really got my hopes up (though to be fair, it was clearly offsides...)

There's still another half left. KF

I really don't think there should be any controversy about what Suárez did. He got the appropriate punishment from the referee, and it really is Gyan's own fault that he didn't shoot the PK in (PKs are like the closest thing to a guaranteed goal).

Suárez literally took one for the team, and knowingly made a hands ball to give his team a tiny chance to still win the match on penalty kicks, and somehow it worked out.

Blame the rules, not the player.

If Suarez didn't block the shot with his hands, Ghana would've won, regardless of the outcome of that penalty shot. And that's what bugs me the most. Like you said, the referee did what he had to. Giving him a red card was the correct Punishment. It's just that the game should've already been decided.

It was smart of him, yes. But good sportsmanship, fair play, or any kind of honour as a football player there was not.

Part of me thinks refs should be given the power to award a penalty goal as well as a red card in those situations.

The other part of me remembers the awful decisions they make from time to time, and the furor that could ensue without replay technology.

Ps. Saurez is the biggest wanker on the planet at the moment, he didn't even apologize and claimed he had "the hand of god"? Jackass.

Part of me thinks refs should be given the power to award a penalty goal as well as a red card in those situations.

The other part of me remembers the awful decisions they make from time to time, and the furor that could ensue without replay technology.

Ps. Saurez is the biggest wanker on the planet at the moment, he didn't even apologize and claimed he had "the hand of god"? Jackass.

hahaha! I think he did.

anyway, whos gonna win the cup? uruguay?, germany, holland or spain? :/

Germany, no question.

They've been dominating this whole tournament. Spain's barely making it through and when they do it's usually because their opponents are playing terribly.

Except that Spain has only conceded 2 losses in the past 3 years.

Surely Germany has been wiping the floor with people left and right and is somewhat favored to win, Spain had to play Portugal which is a way better team than Argentina or England.

They've made it this far, and I don't expect them to go quietly in the slightest.

Khedira and Sweinsteiger just weren't up to par as defensive midfielders when pitted against players like Xavi and Iniesta. Müller's absence hurt Germany on the right flank as well.

Thankfully our defensive midfield has motherfucking Van Bommel who's, simply put, a thug that gets away with the heaviest fouls. It will be interesting.