Reason 5 & Record 1.5 Announced :)

• 5 weeks later...

i have reason 4... love it. waiting to upgrade to reason 5. I am trying to load wav files of guitar riffs I made in Adobe soundbooth into reason thru NNxt or now considering ReWire because several users have suggested that route.

What does Reason Record do?

:mrgreen:

Haha. It adds audio tracks, letting you record and edit samples on the fly (also featured in Reason 5), which means you can skip that whole mess with loading samples in nnxt... it has a 2D rack, meaning you don't have to put everything in one big tower. Also there's a huge mixer table thingy which makes things easier for those who prefer that kind of thing. That's pretty much it. If you buy it now, you get the Reason 5 upgrade for free, as well as Record 1.5, which includes the new Neptune autotuner, something the likes of with I've been waiting for since god knows when. Well worth the purchase, I'd say.

• 4 weeks later...
What makes you think you'll like Reason 5 any better? The only reason not to like Reason 4 is if you preferred the Reason 3 sequencer. Did they change it back in Reason 5?

Anyway, I ordered it asap and will hopefully receive it on Monday. I got new mics and stuff, too. Can't wait. :banghead:

exactly. I hated the changes on the sequencer, took its intuitiveness away for me. That's why i downgraded to 3 no long after i got 4.

Other than that, 4 had no other features that could win me back over. 5, however, does have, i'd definitely use kong and the new sampling feature. And also there's this 'blocks', which I didn't fully read/get what it is yet.