WinXP 64-bit Upgrade

My Alesis io|26 firewire doesn't have Win 7 support though, and trying to run it on that causes audio drop-outs. I tried. :-(

So another 6+ hours of installing.... sigh.

By the way djp, Alesis disagrees with you, haha. A support worker for them told me "With Windows 7, it will likely be 6 months to a year before the DJ and/or Recording industries as a whole will be adopting and recommending Windows 7 as a preferred platform for any professional application."

"With Windows 7, it will likely be 6 months to a year before the DJ and/or Recording industries as a whole will be adopting and recommending Windows 7 as a preferred platform for any professional application."

Doesn't mean that they don't support Windows 7, just means that the industry as a whole moves slow as a dog.

The Windows 7 64-bit version is considered more widespread than the 32-bit version overall; probably not more widespread than Windows XP, but Win7 has seen fast adoption rates, so the momentum is there.

I happily used Windows XP x64 for my farm machine for years before switching to Windows 7 x64. The reason for the switch was that ultimately, people don't support the Windows XP 64bit platform as much as they support Windows 7 64bit. It's just going to be easier to find hardware drivers for Win 7 x64 over Win XP x64.

No trouble switching though and my new farm machine gets incredible performance.