Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2010: It's Over!

Ramaniscence

Interestingly enough, Prophetik, I think you had my favorite track and you only did it in what 3 hours you said? I'm very envious your fastness and effectiveness.

All in all, great stuff from everyone. Good luck to anyone who subbed their work to OCR, which is what I did with mine @_@.

=) thanks, man! yeah, it was only a touch over three hours. when i get an idea, i pound it out right there and then. can't let it sit, or i'll just lose it. i should point out that all four editions of this track took a total of 3 hours - the first three were about twenty minutes each, and then this was around two hours. since i sequenced most of the bass in one pass, and most of the drums in two passes, that's most of the song right there.

i read through the listening party discussion on my track, so i'll answer a few questions here.

1. bass is mad loud, i know - my mixing setup doesn't have any bass presence at all, right now, until i get a sub for to match up with my monitors (both are only tweets and mids, nothing bigger than maybe four inches for speakers), and both my headphones are light (imo) on bass. i'm hoping to go back and fix some of the mastering issues and sub this.

2. superjoe: you should have heard the other three times...they were TERRIBLE. absolute trash =(

3. the snare is part of a pack put out by ueberschall for their elastik player. the pack is mostly drumloops, but there are some great one-shot samples in there. expensive, though.

4. there actually isn't any verb on the erhu or the dizi. forgot :< byproduct of working quickly, i guess.

5. when i work it through again, i'm planning on doing more with the backgrounds, since they're too repetitive for repeated listening. a breakdown section would be kind of fun, if i could figure out where to go from what it is already =)

6. gario, i just couldn't figure out how to end it, and i didn't want to do the cop-out fade thing.

thanks again for all the nice comments!

All the tracks were good last night, but five stood out to me, so I downloaded them.

Rexy - Mario's Hazy Beach Holiday

__Simply because epic piano is epic.

Gario - ElectroSavior

__It's a great track, and Actraiser never gets enough love.

Cyril the Wolf - Snowing

__This track almost made me cry, it's so beautiful. I'm dead serious. Sub this, Cyril; I think it has potential for postage.

jmr - Oh Well

__It's so... HAPPY! ^.^

Moseph - Darkness Fears the Light, and We Fear the Darkness

__Gee, I wonder why I got this one... :D

If there ends up being a RAR of all the tracks, I'll get that. They're all good.

Thanks a ton for the Log Mirby, and thanks for everyones participation, though I haven't had a chance to listen yet!

Edit: Alright, I read the log on my track.

I appreciated the compliments on the ideas I presented, and I've noted all that was said on the production, haha. Sorry for the quietness, I was REALLY rushed toward the end and it showed there. If I get a chance to polish it, I'll do it. I have a lot of growing to do in those areas, haha. Thanks again for everyone's comments and such! I'll do a writeup on the other entries when I do finally listen!

[quote name='Mirby;708265

Cyril the Wolf - Snowing

__This track almost made me cry' date=' it's so beautiful. I'm dead serious. Sub this, Cyril; I think it has potential for postage.[/quote']

Thanks Mirb. I appreciate the sentiment and confidence.

As good as the overall arrangment and tone is I think I'd have to re-record a couple of those parts to get them to OCR snuffage. Maybe I'll try to show it to a J and see what they think before rushing into submitting.

:)

Well, it was a pain to find Abadoss' request track, and Rama's as well, but I did. And now, for your enjoyment, I present to you...

The Official Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2010 Deluxe Set

Included are all 20 tracks, a txt file listing track notes with links to the source tracks, and the chat log. And it can be yours for the low low price of $0.00, for an unlimited time only! Get yours today! ;)

Well, it was a pain to find Abadoss' request track, and Rama's as well, but I did. And now, for your enjoyment, I present to you...

The Official Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2010 Deluxe Set

Included are all 20 tracks, a txt file listing track notes with links to the source tracks, and the chat log. And it can be yours for the low low price of $0.00, for an unlimited time only! Get yours today! ;)

Sorry. I didn't realize you were looking for the OST. I could've given you the link right up.