Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2010: It's Over!

Ramaniscence

Man, that's what made the last to FBRCs so fun for me: remixing songs I otherwise would have never heard.

I accepted my challenge. This could be very interesting... :razz:

Yeaaah... I am much more wimpy though. Sorry. The game in question, I don't think I can mention it, but I wasn't particularly a fan of the series anyway. :-(

I did reply to the email -- to anyone wondering, you either reply YES or REROLL to lock in your decision. :-o

I'm a bit annoyed that the person who submitted the source I got didn't submit a midi link, although I found one upon looking. I accept my source, but for the future people, there is no need to submit a youtube & mp3 link simultaneously :???:

Yours got 3 separate sources, but I tracked down 2 midis for ya and emailed them too :)

I'm really excited about the match ups! Most look REALLY great.

Yours got 3 separate sources, but I tracked down 2 midis for ya and emailed them too :)

I'm really excited about the match ups! Most look REALLY great.

I probably found the same midis off of VGMusic - still, it seems silly to have both mp3 & a youtube link. An mp3 would suffice.

The source does intrigue me, and I'm trying to think of what direction I want to try to take it. If I do finish the song, this will be my first completed song ever!

I was gonna ask how you broke your guitar... and then I read the next part about "through stupidity." Must've been some stupidity. My brother's a drunk (and so are his friends) and not once was a guitar broken then, so it really must've been something extremely dumb...

Anywho, I really hope whoever got my track likes it. And I'm sorry there wasn't a MIDI; if I had musical skills there would've been. I can't make a MIDI to save my life.

Eh it wasn't really that dumb. It's got a wacky 7-string tremolo and it's fairly new so I've never changed the strings before and didn't know how. I took half the tremolo off before I found out you just needed to use an Allen wrench on a hole at the back of the... string-holding mechanism things. Yeah, maybe it was a little dumb.

still, it seems silly to have both mp3 & a youtube link. An mp3 would suffice.

If I remember correctly, mp3 was listed as 'acceptable' for nsf or spc replacement. At least two source-fields required input, and one has to be a youtube link.

So, if the person didn't found a midi or didn't know where to find one, that may not be so silly in fact.

Nevertheless, a midi isn't an absolute necessity to arrange a song.

Challenge accepted btw. You guys cranked up the difficulty this year. This will be fun. ;)