Mega Man X 1 Boss Battle Medley

Kamasenin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U77s2ChN0rM

I took the stage select intro theme, boss intro theme as the boss slowly lowers to fight you, and I combined these tracks with the battle theme. This piece is a hybrid of electronica, synth, and rock elements. The transitions in this piece are meant to keep the whole song as one smooth continuous movement.

Remix Notes: Source material combined is about 40 sec. Remix is 2:46.

Stage Intro Theme - Slightly extend with additional content.

Boss Intro - Source material is very short. This piece was completely reworked and extended with original content. This piece might technically stand on its own as a boss fight.

Boss Battle - Source material is also very short. I played with this quite a bit. New material has been added, and the arrangement has been changed. The second time this portion repeats, I spent some extra time making a fun guitar lead.

I don't know if something like this can end up on the OC remix judge panel, but I appreciate your feedback. I hope you enjoy this song. Cheers!

The track as a whole is solid, though I think with the lack of source, it wouldn't really qualify to pass OC standards...maybe? lol I dunno.

The drums for the third part of the track, are lacking. Not really in content, but I feel like they're MIDI sounding more than anything. Maybe add some EQ to the kick drum so that it's more noticeable?

Another thing would be the guitar, but I can understand having limited stuff to use. If you can have the guitar sound more guitar-like and less MIDI like, it would be ideal. But if not, it's not THAT big a deal. I also think your transitions could've been a tab better, like the intro going into the next part. You could give the drums more "solo" time to keep the interest during the transition.

Who knows, doing that might open more doors for you composition-wise. It does for me some times. The second transition isn't as bad, but it IS a little plain. lol Sorry, I'm nit-picking...

Um, that's about all I can think of...other than the ending. I don't really care for it...I'd rather have it as one big blow-out, but that's just personal preference. Either way, as I said before, you have a solid remix here...but you probably wanna have more source in it. Having lots of original stuff isn't bad, but if people don't know what they're listening to, or don't realize it's a remix...then that kind of defeats the purpose. xD

The rest has kind'a been covered, but I'm surprised nobody cried medley-itis. Source A, source B, source C. Needs better transitions, organic blending of the sources, a song structure more than a medley structure.

Oh and when you've got a repetitive part that seems to hold the track back, use that for dynamics, let it build during its repetitions, let it build towards the part that follows.

The sound is ok-ish, at least for now. Focus on the arrangement. It's easier to write when you don't have a thousand and one tracks and effects that clog up your computer's processing power and hog its memory. ;)