Spacesynth Revolutions - A CD compilation featuring Mark Vera, zircon and more!

zircon

I'm very excited to announce the release of Spacesynth Revolutions, a compilation CD of spacesynth (aka Italo Disco) music on the Alpha Centauri record label. I was invited to participate on this project by the CD's executive producer, OC ReMixer and electronic artist Mark Vera, a prolific spacesynth artist with tons of catchy ReMixes and great original songs. Mark himself has music on the compilation, as well as a number of other top artists in the genre.

You can listen to an album megamix here:

http://www.centaurimusic.com/catalogue/catacen/ac0009cd/assets/srm.mp3

If you're not familiar with this particular style of instrumental dance music, it's basically disco-inspired with lots of analog synths, drum machines, glistening pads, soaring bells and catchy hooks. If you like C64-era music by artists like Chris Huelsbeck you will certainly like this. There are a number of spacesynth ReMixes on OCR, too.

My track on this album is #9, "Solar Revolution". It was my first attempt at spacesynth music but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Enjoy the music!

I've had trouble ordering from Alpha Centauri before. Any ideas if their shipping department has improved over the last few years? I would be ordering many albums but it's been a hassle.. :( Congrats on getting on there though, spacesynth is one of my favorite genres..

Also, where does your tune begin in the megamix?

I've had trouble ordering from Alpha Centauri before. Any ideas if their shipping department has improved over the last few years? I would be ordering many albums but it's been a hassle.. :( Congrats on getting on there though, spacesynth is one of my favorite genres..

There should be no problems with the ordering. I don't know exactly what kind of problems you've had, but if you have problems ordering this album I'm sure we can sort it out - if not else I'll send one of the copies I have..

Thanks for zircon willing to participate.

Zirc, I noticed on the megamix that your song has a specific old NES sound to it. I like. I liked the rest of the megamix, special kudos to you and your team, it sounds excellent, and something that I would buy just to play in my excellent sound system in my car.

I received the cd in the mail a few days ago, and right now I'm listening to it at work :)

I'm really enjoying the album. Some spacesynth albums have the tendency sound a bit repetitive after a few tracks, but thankfully there's a lot of variation here.

Oh and Zircon, your track rules. I love that bubbly SID-like sound!