Whats DVD audio?

DerangedWhale

I was browseing amazon and found a dvd that I wanted that said it was a dvd audio disk. Ive looked it up and went to the wikipidia page but it was to hard for me to understand. Im just wondering if my ps3 or 360 will be able to play dvd audio disks and I was hopeing that someone could explain to me what they are in a more simple way. I also wanted to know if there actully dvds like movie dvds. If i buy a movie that says its a dvd audio disk does that mean im not getting a movie or not?

From what I can tell from reading this, it appears to be a successor to the CD as an music/audio delivery format. In other words, it's a music CD on stereoids. These DVDs often include extra goodies to go with your music, including video, but I would NOT buy a movie DVD that says it's a DVD-A or DVD Audio.

If you can link to DVD you want that'd help me figure out what exactly it is. They might have mixed up their terminology and said it has DVD quality audio but didn't explicitly state it that way.