ModNation racers

I'm liking this game alot.

The customization is insane, seing what other people are making for characters, carts and tracks is awesome. there are some creative people out there.

example, someone did a sephiroth and it's rather crazy how well it looks. I've seen everything from iron man to Mario. Hell even the A-team van and optimus prime truck.

The comedic nature of the Cs is entertaining. The option screen is more like an option lobby where you can meet other players. I love jump spinnig off the center ramp there.

here's my girl

http://home.comcast.net/~feochan/pwpimages/ModNationRacers.JPG

a tiger in the works, i'm just missing the tiger pattern and white bits lol

This game is made of awesome. I've only played it for a few hours so far, but it's just been insane so far. The racing is seriously Mario Kart on steroids (imagine a 200cc mode) with ridiculous weapons that levelup and I've gone from 12th to 1st back to 12th and to 3rd in one 3-lap match (yes, you can change the lap count, I recommend higher because of long load times). Speaking of long load times, I hear Half-Minute Hero is a great idea to work in. o_O (I haven't tried this idea actually)

I wish I could change the controls, but I can live with the controls given (take the accelerate/drift buttons in Mario Kart and switch em... wouldn't be too bad if the PS3 controller didn't have your finger keep slipping). Overall, despite control setup/looong load times, this game is definitely worth it, I've created a track called "What the heck?" because within the first 5 seconds of the race, all the AI drivers fly into the wall and crash many many times later. Not something I'm ever publishing, as I was literally just testing stuff out.

This game is made of awesome. I've only played it for a few hours so far, but it's just been insane so far. The racing is seriously Mario Kart on steroids (imagine a 200cc mode) with ridiculous weapons that levelup and I've gone from 12th to 1st back to 12th and to 3rd in one 3-lap match (yes, you can change the lap count, I recommend higher because of long load times). Speaking of long load times, I hear Half-Minute Hero is a great idea to work in. o_O (I haven't tried this idea actually)

I wish I could change the controls, but I can live with the controls given (take the accelerate/drift buttons in Mario Kart and switch em... wouldn't be too bad if the PS3 controller didn't have your finger keep slipping). Overall, despite control setup/looong load times, this game is definitely worth it, I've created a track called "What the heck?" because within the first 5 seconds of the race, all the AI drivers fly into the wall and crash many many times later. Not something I'm ever publishing, as I was literally just testing stuff out.

The boss races can be brutal that way Oo; Your characters reactions are funny. they get upset when you mess up and they have that "OH SHI..!!" look when an attacking is coming. some of the tracks are pretty crazy. I did one called "ruined highway". It's like the road gor melted and the city it's in is flooded. I'm tempted to do a whole tracks in a sheep paddock and have the road covered in sheep lol

Oh and people have been porting real tracks to the game, hell I've seen a few mario carts one as well.

Oh you need not worry about AI difficulty at all. Three speed levels (Rookie, Pro and Elite) and then four difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, Hard and I forgot what the ridiculous one is). I'm not all that experienced at the driving yet, but I took my latest course (which is hard, needs some fine tuning) and turned the difficulty up to hard... it really is hard, which makes me afraid to know how insane the fourth difficulty is.

I have not gotten far in the career to reach boss races, so I don't know how hard they are.