OCR02041 - Mega Man 2 "Coiled Copper Wire"

I love how you've now twice taken a theme so ingrained in my conciousness as having some specific mood, and made it something much more subdued, and yet equally awesome. I reference of course your FFIV Calbrena mix.

Granted, you do go up-tempo, but really the intro section is what seals it for me.

Keep it up, we need more mixes on the site that completely detract from what we expect as far as mood and pacing are concerned.

I'm an instrumental acoustic guitar nut. So when I saw on my Facebook page the words "Mega" "Man" "Acoustic" "Guitar" you can bet I clicked on that link as fast as my mouse would let me.

I didn't see this coming at ALL. Solo acoustic guitar. No surprise. This track is amazing! One of my favorite OCRemixes hands down.

This is a great track. Great sound quality. You must have a really good guitar, and recording equipment for that matter.

Personally I found the strumming a bit loud compared to the melodic content in the end. That's my only complaint about this mix.

The first half is my favorite. Great use of four guitars.

I will definately make something like this in the future. You my friend are an inspiration.

I've had this since you posted it in the WIP forums. I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar(s) and Mega Man, so this was a no-brainer for me. The slower section takes some of the edge off of Metal Man and reveals a soft heart inside his chassis. It makes me pensive.

But I really want to hear the second, faster section expanded upon in some sort of Latin-style take on Metal Man - replete with percussion, accompaniment like brass/bass (I'm thinking El Legarto), maybe vocals even. It makes me wonder if this woulda worked better as two separate pieces, but I'm happy with this.

I can really appreciate the work you put into the guitar parts Stevo, the left and right harmony on the rhythm is spectacular, along with the lead sounding very cleanly done. I'm sure it's not as easy as it may sound. I've always wanted to see something like in a hard-rock / metal fashion as it would also be amazing, no doubt. Maybe that should be the next style you work on. :wink:

Seeing the source tune and remixer, I thought I was in for some kick-ass Mega Man metal. Imagine my surprise. Pleasant surprise, that is. We already know L99 can rock hard, now we get to see his softer more accoustic side. Like I said, pleasantly surprised. And loving it! Keep up the good guit work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02041 - Mega Man 2 "Coiled Copper Wire"