FF8 The stage is set

Anti-Syne

This is... lol

It's wacky and insane... But I can't stop listening.

I can't exactly figure out what to say about this, except maybe everything is way too dry. Move things forward and back in the soundscape, with a little reverb and room size etc. adjustment maybe?

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback, I wanted to do something completely different to the orchestral style of the source, hence this daft punk style was born. I'm going to try and get the arrangement finished after the weekend, then i'll start mixing it, hopefully a bit of reverb will work wonders!

• 2 weeks later...

i meant to respond to this like a week and a half ago but i forgot to because i'm a fool. i really dig this - it's a totally different interpretation than i would have expected, which is always a plus. the soundscape never gets too cluttered and the sound choices are really interesting. the vibe is nice, too; it sits sorta between mellow and a little silly, which makes it a lot of fun to listen to. really slick production, too. great job, dude!

• 5 months later...

Right, so some of you may have recently seen that this was recently rejected by the judges , mostly for lacking in variety, texture and generally just staying in the same gear throughout, with a boring stero field and dry sounds

This is what the judges heard:

stats.png

So, I've been giving this a make over as I do plan on resubmitting it, but only when i've got it as good as i can get it.

So HERE IS THE NEW VERSION:

stats.png

Improvements are mostly,

Bigger changes between sections, with more textural differences

No more robot voice (apart from the talkbox sound)

Improved sounds

Thicker texture

This new attempt at it is not finished yet, but i'd like to step back from it for couple of days and get some feedback on it so far, so as ever i'd be extremely thankful to those who let me know what they like/don't like and how you think it should be improved

Thanks!