OCR01226 - Chrono Trigger "Rhodes to the Past"

djpretzel

Well, my night definitely needed something to tone down with, and this song did just that for me. I wouldn't say this is anything too terribly innovative or anything that hasn't been done before, but it's still great quality, and that's what really matters most.

I agree with Pretzel that, while this mix only works on one level, it works on that single level very well. The drums are awesome.

I'd like to add, though, that I often feel that, in their efforts to further individualize their work, that many artists' recent submissions to OCRemix have sometimes faltered in their focus. Many of these folks of late seem to forget that they are remixing rather than composing new music, and this is a key notation made all the more obvious by this particular remix which, if nothing else, definately holds true to its core.

Personally, I find this remix to be awesome. I just really like the way it sounds (the instruments as well as the original bits of melody are what really do it for me). I admit, for the most part, this kinda sounds like a cover, but enough is done with the supporting (harmonic) instruments during the mix to keep things fresh. And as stated before, the original bits of melody at the beginning and end sound great and help enhance the original piece. If I had a choice of only being able to listen to this remix or the original song for the rest of my life, I would go with this remix. It's damn good, and one of my favorite remixes of the year.

highly enjoyable. Its not a song that i will compare other songs to, its unique. But not in the unique way that we tell ugly people they are unique. i'm talking unique in the Hellen Keller type of unique. The kind where even though she could never hear this great song, she would still find beauty in reading (in braille) our responses to it. Chock one more CT mix into the playlist.

This one is a lil nostalgia trek for one such as meself... ahh... another fine Chrono Trigger song...

I didn't recognize the first part as it was just starting. At 47 seconds the familiar tunes started coming in, quiet and full. The background music seemed to soothe the song in its transit through the times that be. The alterations near the end help promote a feeling of distance and.. I guess.. light..

I apologize for partially threadjacking, but felt obligated to address the following:

I'd like to add, though, that I often feel that, in their efforts to further individualize their work, that many artists' recent submissions to OCRemix have sometimes faltered in their focus. Many of these folks of late seem to forget that they are remixing rather than composing new music, and this is a key notation made all the more obvious by this particular remix which, if nothing else, definately holds true to its core.

They are often composing new music, aren't they? [looks at postcount] Thank you for drawing uninformed conclusions while not reading the site FAQ:

The word "ReMix" was chosen but is not necessarily appropriate, as the tracks here are more arrangements than remixes (think of this as the difference between a "remix" and a "ReMix," mmmkay?). Besides, "OverClocked Arrangements" would have sounded gimp.

• 2 weeks later...

Drums were very well done. Overall, though this mix is missing something for me. I dont know what it is though, but I can't see myself listening to this as often as other mixes, but its not too bad. Again, the drums were done exceptionally well imo.. 7/10

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01226 - Chrono Trigger "Rhodes to the Past"