OCRs with lyrics

Liontamer

May be a dumb question, but how will we know if the songs don't have lyrical info already?

Not a dumb question. Any track with lyrics will have a "lyrics" tab visible on its writeup page.

Example with lyrics tab: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01665/

Example missing lyrics tab: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00313/

Music of my Groin.

Duh.

Thanks, Jon. Mailed Shael about an hour ago, looking for confirmation of the lyrics I slapped together.

Keep the tracks coming, people.

Might be another dumb question, but since the site is smart enough to figure out if a song doesn't have lyrics (it doesn't display the tab), can't djp just write a query for you?

Nah, because most ReMixes don't have lyrics, hence no tab. If there was something in place in the database that marked a track as having vocals yet also missing a lyrics tab, we could do that.

Also noting, I've mailed Dale and Mustin on "Team Gato."

What would be the obstacle to having that piece of data included?

That data is included... rather, if there are lyrics on file for a mix, I can query against that being null or not. There *could* be an additional boolean field to indicate a mix had vocals (with words), and then a query could be run to see which mixes had vocals with words, but did not have lyrics, but honestly, it's never been a huge problem.

Did someone already mention the Bronx-Rican's SA2 remix Unknown from M.E.?

The lyrics were there ever since it was posted. Check the page for the lyrics tab: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01134/

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00818/ only has partial lyrics, the rest are available here.

Thanks a lot! I've even gone and refined the transcription a bit. Feel free to copy what's up on OCR now if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00818/ only has partial lyrics, the rest are available here.

Is there any time soon injury will be back? =P I didn't wanna mention anything at MAGFEST 'cos you don't seem too proud of your remixes, but you were one of my favorites back in the good ol' days of OCR.... Come on, pretty please? =P

Is there any time soon injury will be back? =P I didn't wanna mention anything at MAGFEST 'cos you don't seem too proud of your remixes, but you were one of my favorites back in the good ol' days of OCR.... Come on, pretty please? =P

There's a collab in the to be posted queue :P While i was taking a break from the internet, everyone else progressed musically by leaps and bounds while i'm still stuck in cinnamon toast beats 2.7 skill. Hopefully after some more collabs i can go solo again, but for now i need some help getting back up on my feet.

Thanks for being a fan :3 wish we got more pictures together!

There's a collab in the to be posted queue :P While i was taking a break from the internet, everyone else progressed musically by leaps and bounds while i'm still stuck in cinnamon toast beats 2.7 skill. Hopefully after some more collabs i can go solo again, but for now i need some help getting back up on my feet.

Some more collabs? LIKE, FUCKIN', ONE WITH ME MAYBE?

SHIT

Don't forget another tune you'll be singing on soon.

When you get it done :P

• 4 months later...

I could definitely use approved lyrics for both Pac-Man 'Sinergia' and SMB '8-bit Eighties'. 'Sinergia' had some transcription attempts in the Review thread, but nothing that anyone's 100% signed off on. Can any native Spanish speakers with impeccable grammar take a look at both the Spanish and English suggested in the Review thread?

Lots of lyrics I revised or added months ago got iced accidentally, but I have a backup of everything (75 sets of lyrics), so I'll be restoring those when I have an opportunity. It'll then be easier to tell what's missing.

Edited by Liontamer