What are you playing right now?

I've been kinda skeptical towards this game, is the story grand?

The story is probably its weakest point. They don't really tell everything explicitly and after i beat it i was a bit confused. But the battle system (for me) was pretty fun enough for me to keep wanting to play and get all the trophies. You can customize your weapons (and outfits <3). I'd say if you are interested in a challenging battle system more than the story, then by all means this game is excellent. But I wouldn't recommend it everyone.

I recommend it to rely, because apparently we have the same taste in games

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Gotta love the good ol psp and its region free feature.

Good thing most menus and story cutscenes are in english though. ;)

I've also set to complete H.A.W.X. campain mode in elite this month, if I can find the time.

why would you play mgs if you couldn't understand the story

...wait I played Crisis Core in jap without a full understanding of it

You should chuck Meteos for Planet Puzzle League ;-)

Haven't heard of it. Will look into it though.

Got all 120 stars in Galaxy 2 now, and will probably ease off a bit (but definitely not stop playing). Awesome game and all, but there are other awesome games out that need to be played.

Right now, I've revisited Baiten Kaitos. Never beat that game, but besides the horrendous voice-overs, its a great JRPG...and the music is awesome. Also played a bit of Mass Effect today. <3

• Fallout 3
  • Super Street Fighter 4
  • Borderlands (co-op)

and a few other games, off and on.

I was actually thinking of getting Resonance of Fate after I finish Fallout.

The main drawback is that it'll be a huge time sink, just like Fallout and other RPGs. I don't have as much time to play video games as I used to and my tastes actually seem to have widened... so I prefer shorter games that I can actually finish.

TES Oblivion

inb4 Morrowind is better, etc.

As far as the shear amount of detail put into the written dialogue, quests, and keeping it true fantasy, Morrowind could be considered better, as Oblivion was lacking character depth and kinda leaned into the knights-in-armor more than pure fantasy. But they are pretty equal in terms of enjoyment.

I'm level 15 or 16 in Morrowind. Doing some Bloodmoon quests after just finishing the Fighters Guild.

Just finished red Dead Redemption, and I gotta say it had a really great climax.

It was very western for lack of a better word.

HELL yeah man.. I finished it today, 2 hours ago, really nice climax.

Overall, great game.. don't think I am patient enough to get 100% on the game though.. I am not much of a trophy & get EVERYTHING geek, feels too much like a chore.

why would you play mgs if you couldn't understand the story

The beauty of it, is that the story cutscenes drawn by Ashley Wood are written in english. You're only missing on the mission briefings and in game codec convos.

But you get to ear the orginal voice-over, not the average english dubbing. However, it is probably the easiest Metal Gear game to date...

...wait I played Crisis Core in jap without a full understanding of it

I hear ya, I've played through the original FFVII in jap. Been playing import games ever since the super famicom times, so it's allright.

Plus I can't let a whole childhood of watching japanese animes go to waste. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Now I'm playing Final Fantasy VII downloaded from the PSN store.

And I have to say, after years of being away from the game and playing tons of New Gen RPG's.. this game beats them all by far.

I've had my share of grudges against this title in the past.. But there's no denying the fact that it touches nerves few games does.

Great music, interesting and in-depth story, good characters.

Amazing world.

Bouncing between The Legendary Starfy and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the DS. Been genuinely curious about Starfy since seeing him in Brawl, and I'm not disappointed, even if the game is kind of easy for someone that's been gaming for as long as I have.

This Castlevania game though is annoying the crap out of me. I went on a Castlevania streak a while back (someone else also did too, I think he mentioned it in the Zero Punctuation thread), and I'm coming to the same conclusion. They really haven't innovated that much, and what they have changed in this iteration is just unwieldy and difficult to get the hang of.

Bouncing between The Legendary Starfy and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the DS. Been genuinely curious about Starfy since seeing him in Brawl, and I'm not disappointed, even if the game is kind of easy for someone that's been gaming for as long as I have.

This Castlevania game though is annoying the crap out of me. I went on a Castlevania streak a while back (someone else also did too, I think he mentioned it in the Zero Punctuation thread), and I'm coming to the same conclusion. They really haven't innovated that much, and what they have changed in this iteration is just unwieldy and difficult to get the hang of.

I had a huge Castlevania marathon about a year ago.

Went through all of the DS titles and both PS2 titles before Symphony of the night. Had a blast.

I hope Lord of Shadows will be great. I can't wait for it! The only problem: Doesn't follow the Castle timeline. Could be good, could be bad.

Started playing an old SNES RPG, Dark Law: The Meaining of Death a while back. There are some good stories in it, and that whole job thing is interesting, but I really, really hate it how you get money by leveling up and how you're stuck to one town and a cave. <_<