PRC172 - TWO DAYS EXTENTION: The Animal Hill (Animal Crossing: Wild World)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 172

PRCv7-16

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Binweasel picked the source for PRC172 after winning both PRC170 and PRC171. This normally doesn't happen, but because only a Bonus Mix from Binweasel appeared before the PRC171 deadline, Binweasel got to select again. Binweasel and I both want more competition on this round, Binweasel doesn't want to select the source for PRC173 as well.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

The selection for this round is PRC51. The source was Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Biff the Doorman, selected by PRC50's winner PriZm or Mythril Nazgul (I don't know who of them actually decided the source, maybe they communicated about it). 4 Remixers submitted something:

Winner: Rexy - The Doorkeeper

2nd: Emperor - Enter the doorman

3rd: Darth Gourry - Abra la puerta Cabron

4th: Less Ashamed Of Self - F Cazian on yo back !

More information can be found at Doulifee's Place.

This rounds source

This round, Binweasel again selected the source.

... well, if you decide you need it, that is.

Steep Hill (Live), from Animal Crossing: Wild World

Never played any Animal Crossing, but I ran across this song on YouTube and fell in love with it (partially due to having written a character in a story named Steep; the melody and mood fits her very well.) Bonus points to anyone who includes a military snare line!

PRC172.jpg

Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) - Steep Hill

MID

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Wednesday June 16th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time , extended with two days (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

I wish I had time to contribute but I know I don't.

Also... just browsing the thread, it was really weird seeing my name posted considering I haven't entered a PRC in years. :P

EDIT: I would LOVE to remix K.K. Slider again but this is WAY too ballade-y, it's actually a really hard source tune, which might explain the lack of entries. :S

So I win by default? bummer. Please give me feedback on my mix.

Yes, congratulations. Of course, everyone is free to leave a comment (it doesn't matter where you leave it, you can vote @ThaSauce, or just post in it in this thread).

Obtuse, you may select the source for PRC173. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix) before next Friday, June 18th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).