8 bit theater epilogue!!!

DerangedWhale

I used to read 8BT religiously, but felt it stagnated some point around the first battle with the Litch King. Maybe it's time I went back and finished it up.

Spent two days doing that. Its stagnant, boring humor hurt to read. Yet somehow I couldn't look away. My blame goes to the ever-nagging question of will black mage succeed. The ending was deserving of what the comic had become, not bad, but a huge anti-climax.

He basically took the whole anti-climax thing and ran with it. The comic eventually became a never-ending stream of build-up that never pays off. Which is fine, I guess, but not when you do it over and over.

itt I admit to having, at one point, liked a sprite comic

Yeah, I quit reading around 300 or so. Every once in a while I'd come back and check on it, read two or three, and remember why I stopped. It just got uninteresting (having every single character with an IQ in single digits gets really old, really fast). Also, the ending: I'm sure it took extra effort to make, but... When the comic is called "8-Bit Theater" and your epilogue is done in a pseudo-anime style? That's kind of disappointing.

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who got discouraged around half-way through. It just got repetitive and depressing, what with all the continual murders. I felt it picked up again though after that, but yeah, the beginning was the best.

I felt the end was suitable, although a little confusing. It didn't tie up everything as much as I hoped. What happened to King Steve and Evil Princess Sarah?

They don't update often enough, but Power Rings has been going for a while now. They're filled with in-jokes and homages to the Archie series, so I enjoy it. Not to mention they make custom sprites, and they're 16 bit so there's a bit more detail than in Clevinger's comic.

Can't say I like the "meta" parts where the authors themselves are characters, though.

I have to say I feel the same as SiriusBeatz. I enjoyed the comic for about... um... 200 strips? Then each character got to be nothing more than simple bit-jokes and the repetition killed it for me.

I rarely cling on to webcomics actually trying to maintain story. I prefer my comics to be stupid, quick, random one-shots... if I wanted any kind of story out of a webcomic I'd read a graphic novel.

Wow, nine years have come to an end. I read the epilogue and considered that I found the series shortly after it began when I was a freshman in high school, and now I'm a college grad living in the real world. Bizarre.

I enjoyed the comic a lot over the years, and he'd always recover from slow points. But that epilogue was disappointingly serious and underwhelming. I think the joke ending he did a year or two ago was a much better way to end it.

Wow' date=' nine years have come to an end. I read the epilogue and considered that I found the series shortly after it began when I was a freshman in high school, and now I'm a college grad living in the real world. Bizarre.

I enjoyed the comic a lot over the years, and he'd always recover from slow points. But that epilogue was disappointingly serious and underwhelming. I think the joke ending he did a year or two ago was a much better way to end it.[/quote']

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2008/12/11/episode-1070-what-were-you-expecting/

Agreed.