K-Murdock and Mega Ran - Forever Famicom

MegaRan

howdy guys.. been working hard on my next project...

What it is: Mega Ran raps on beats made by K-Murdock, all sampling NES and SNES titles.

Tracklisting: (original sampled game is in parenthesis)

(click the titles for snippets)

1. Episode III (A New Day) 2:52 (Mega Man I)

2. Forever 4:11 feat. Emilie Bogrand (Earthbound)

3. Dream Master 4:07 (Little Nemo)

4. The Goodness 3:59 (Starfox)

5. Player Two 3:24 (Secret of Mana)

6. The Girl with the Make-Up 4:20 feat. Ariano & DJ Ragz (Kirby’s Adventure)

7. Drop The Load (8-Bit Remix) 3:56 (no sample)

8. World Tree 4:17 feat. Damu the Fudgemunk (Faxanadu)

9. 2k10 3:11 (Street Fighter 2010)

10. Epoch 4:42 (Chrono Trigger)

11. Double Dragons 3:44 feat. Jermiside & DJ Ragz (Double Dragon)

12. CONtact 2:49 (The Guardian Legend)

13) For The Gamers 5:24 feat. int80 of Dual Core & Schaeffer The Darklord (Ducktales)

14) Galaxies 5:00 Random & K-Murdock feat. Matt Howatt (Metroid)

stream (or even purchase!) songs from the album here:

http://megarankmurdock.bandcamp.com

limited hard copies of the project are here

http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX002QYRFO&pp=1

Thanks for all the support and I hope you enjoy!

a little more background:

WASHINGTON, DC (Rap Newswire) -- The marriage between video games and hip hop is one that seems to be the exception to the 70% US failure rate, as the two have been going strong for some time.

Raheem Jarbo, known as Random or Mega Ran, and Kyle Murdock, known to hip-hop purists as K-Murdock, have joined forces to create “Forever Famicom,” a full length album utilizing samples from 8 and 16-bit games from the Nintendo Entertainment System and Super NES consoles.

“This was one of the most fun projects I had ever done,” says Jarbo. “Kyle and I have so much in common.” “We wanted to create a project that pays homage, and at the same time exhibits creativity and innovation, and I think we’ve done that,” adds Murdock.

From performing on stages at home to traveling to festivals such as Comic-Con, SXSW and more, the duo plans to pluck the nostalgia bone in all of us. The 14-track album features samples from such classics as Metroid, Secret Of Mana, Kirby’s Adventure and of course, Mega Man. After all, the Blue Bomber is what started it all.

Jarbo released Mega Ran in 2007, an album sampling the classic Mega Man video game series, and made significant waves, even signing a licensing deal with Capcom. Almost simultaneously, Murdock’s group Panacea released Ink is my Drink, an album that gained high marks from hip-hop reviewers for its jazzy, organic feel and raw approach. Murdock heard Mega Ran and reached out.

“It was a natural marriage, him on the rhymes and me on the beats,” says Murdock. Mega Ran was such an unexpected success, because it was original, it was conceptual, and best of all, it turned out great.”

The duo plans to support this release with a tour of the states, and maybe even a sequel, featuring Nintendo’s biggest rival from the 80’s and 90’s.

Stay tuned, the game’s not over yet.

FOREVER FAMICOM releases June 1, 2010 worldwide.

visit megaran.com and neosonicprod.com for more.

Splash Woman was one of my favorite tracks from your Mega Ran 9 album, but dang is this awesome.

I'm not a huge fan of hip hop, mostly the language, but this is the kind I like especially since it has that 80's vibe.

Way to go. I'll definitely getting this on Friday when I get paid...

This is pretty awesome, there isn't a ton of great video-game inspired hiphop out there (there is some, even here at OCR), but this is really really good!

Epoch was my favorite, as it seems to be many others, but the rest of the album is no slouch either.

dude I still listen to the "Final Battle" track from the original MegaRan album like every time I go running, it totally gets me fired up. You can believe I'll be all over this one, thanks for the post man.

haha you too?? that's my early morning jam :)

happy to say that anyone who ordered this week will get their Bonus Beats pak tomorrow at noon, containing instrumentals and some extra songs and remixes!

also, some extra FF gear here:

http://megaran.bigcartel.com

what is this bonus pack you speak of. ive been listening to this streaming all day and if theres bonus it would probably tip the scales for me

Dude, I searched forever to find lyrics to that track. If anyone would have them somewhere, it would be you; you should hook me up so I can be cool and rap along with the other 70%. The phrases I've figured out on my own are fantastic, I'd love to know the rest.

haha..

unfortunately that's one of the few whose lyrics are not on here:

http://ohhla.com/anonymous/random/mega_ran/

but I suppose I should work on that.

what is this bonus pack you speak of. ive been listening to this streaming all day and if theres bonus it would probably tip the scales for me

The bonus pack contains instrumentals for each song, plus 5 additional tracks that aren't on the album, and remixes. sounds like win to me.

The bonus pack contains instrumentals for each song, plus 5 additional tracks that aren't on the album, and remixes. sounds like win to me.

i just bought the album its absolutely dope

i am still interested in how i am going to get this bonus pack though. more dope is doperer

Does that bonus pak apply to those of us who ordered physical copies too?

yup!

Dope indeed. And the album cover calls to me like no other! Did you paint that picture, Ran?

a super dope artist named Kevin Merriman did the art... he's amazing.

One question, though. Can we really sell albums that use this much sampled music?

Probably not... :puppyeyes:

i just bought the album its absolutely dope

i am still interested in how i am going to get this bonus pack though. more dope is doperer

agreed :) K-Murdock agrees... but he feels that more dope a week later creates even more anticipation, and more is better... It'll be out and on the way by mid week.

and TRUST, you'll be pleased... Zelda II, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart... and many more :)

Alright MEGARAN, What would it take for you to hit me up with full lyrics for "The Final Battle"? I am prepared to go farther than most to get those rhymes bro. Money? Additional Album Purchases? Canadian Bacon? I am a businessman and an economist, not to mention a reasonable man; I am confident we can forge a deal to both our likings. Ima get what I want here, sooner or later. 8-)