OCR02043 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "G.E.R.U.D.O."

One of those tracks that we've been seeing in the TBP list for a long time. :P Finally out. Now how about that '08 remix?

Not my thing tho, at least not yet. Too slow for the roughness, too rough for the slowness. And I may have heard a remix of this source before. ;) Gonna be interesting to see if I can enjoy this rough slow thing more after more listens with my home speakers and along with other recently posted mixes, I guess the bass is a bit difficult to appreciate on laptop speakers.

I don't like it. Yet. :)

I thought it felt like a disco vibe. I'm sitting here singing "Ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive" and it fits. I also thought that rapacious electronic lead was waaaay too rough. But that's probably intentional with the dirty electro style. Rapaciously dirty, with too much low end. The guitar solo was very nice. I'll have to wait until I get all my files transfered before I can download the mp3, but the goofy youtube preview has clips in my speakers due to the quality loss. *sigh*

As a whole, I think the arrangement is well done. The song seemed a little short, and didn't necessarily build into a large enough climax. A little rough around the edges but ultimately a fairly enjoyable mix. Good work. :-)

Downright rapacious. (comedy rule of threes)

I approve of this mix. It's kind of crunchy, and a different take of the Gerudo Valley theme than I've heard in a long time. Most stay close to the Spanish flamenco-ish(?) root of the song. This mix is a refreshing change; like a gin and tonic with a kumquat in place of the lime wedge.

Ed.png

This is so freaking cool. I'm glad you did something like this with the sources, because the source has been done to death. But you brought new life into it! And the guitar work is a electric sweet that I love to hear. Very fun, very unique. Thanks for doing this!

You know what? I actually skipped over this one on pure fact that it's another Gerudo Valley remix. It's the Terra's theme of the Zelda series and to be perfectly honest I'd rather see a different track get covered for once. It may not have to be technically perfect or be super high quality audio or anything like that just so long as it's different.

You know what? I actually skipped over this one on pure fact that it's another Gerudo Valley remix. It's the Terra's theme of the Zelda series and to be perfectly honest I'd rather see a different track get covered for once. It may not have to be technically perfect or be super high quality audio or anything like that just so long as it's different.

Wait so you're posting in the review thread to say that you didn't listen to it?

Oooookay then. You're missing out though. It's way different than other Gerudo remixes too.

Now there's a good tune I haven't heard in so long. I never thought this would turn into a nice jazzy like element. I love how it is smooth and mellow with a steady beat tune in and out. I have to say, my jaws dropped how down the earth this sound track was played.

1- Excellent warm up with the "ahhh" drink whispered sort of.

2- Great complex introduction that kept me guessing.

3- Lovely melody jazy like piano (I'm guessing here)

4- Nothing hyped, nothing quick, very environmental that reminds me of a night get away on the road to the city.

10/10 A must listen.

actually, that second option on the remix's page for what G.E.R.U.D.O. stands for (Gamera Emits Radioactivity Using Dual Orifices) is true as well. See? http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1001/giant-flying-turtle-gamera-flying-everything-demotivational-poster-1262667559.jpg He tucks in his legs and has two... um... exhaust ports or something.

We love you, Gamera!

Yeah, that's a bad attitude. This version's already different than any other before it.

OPEN MINDS plz, not closed. :lol:

no one cares that you're a snob please take your stupids elsewhere

tepid: welcome to the gerudo valley club! this mix is extremely stylish and surprisingly original

Tepid, this has some funk on it, and in a groovy yet techno flair. I'm reminded of the first time I played Flash Man's level with this, and given how popular that song is, then you must know that's a great thing! The guitar sounds fantastic, tempo and drums give this must-funkwalk-feeling, and I'm guessing synths(?) give a great air to I think are difficult notes to match just right. I would say this is the iGerudo for 2010, and it's highly worth downloading!

I friggen LOVE the intro. Those pads are pretty great. Very reminiscent of bliss/henrik jose whom I adore. You lose me once that FM bass comes in though. It doesn't fit at all. The texture doesn't mesh with those super smooth chords, and it seems to be pretty much playing random notes. Once the main melody comes in again with the stuttered pads, it's all good again. The arps that come in later are a little over the top, but they mesh better with the FM bass than just the pads. Love the little tom fills.

And then there's the guitar solo w/ the sidechained pads, faaaaantastic.

Ending is a little weak though. But overall, pretty good stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02043 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "G.E.R.U.D.O."