OCR01231 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Ganon's Temple"

djpretzel

Neskarvartten has got to be my favorite remixers of this community for Its awsome live covers of zelda songs... The group is VERY impressive with a great sense of communication between the bass drums guitar and saxophone. You guys rock... I hope to hear more from them in the future!

EDIT: failed to mention the Organ which is very tasteful and not overbearing as it sometimes can be in a jazz mix

Wow, while not entirely always in perfect harmony, this song shows great skill and incredible musical talent. At times it reminds me of the kind of 'free jazz' stuff I would only lend a patient ear too, but then throughout the mix you can hear that you kept very true to the original track giving it a great new flavour! A vast improvement on the original, and while not for everybody, should be enjoyed by everyone who isn't musically closed minded. Nice stuff Neskavartten; glad to see you're letting yourself run in more untame variations as well.

I'm a nÜb to these forums, so bare with me. :D I didn't really enjoy the first minute of the song, it was a little too dark and bare, but after that, the song mutates into a very beautiful beast, and just soars through new domains 'till the very end. Well Done.

What is with this guy and his jazz? Well...for one thing he's damn good at it. I like the whole thing, the instrumentation, the quality, the melody, the beats, and the sax. Im suprised though, that this mix got through. That is, Im suprised that it didnt get rejected for its lack of core melody. I personaly have never heard the original, but if I know Nesk (and I do) very little of his mixes have much to do with the melody. Then again, that still wouldnt stop me from giving it a Yes

What is with this guy and his jazz? Well...for one thing he's damn good at it. I like the whole thing, the instrumentation, the quality, the melody, the beats, and the sax. Im suprised though, that this mix got through. That is, Im suprised that it didnt get rejected for its lack of core melody. I personaly have never heard the original, but if I know Nesk (and I do) very little of his mixes have much to do with the melody. Then again, that still wouldnt stop me from giving it a Yes

Obviously you DON'T know Neskvartetten, seeing as how Neskvartettan is not one person, it's a jazz combo. :whatevaa:

Also, if you've never heard the original, how do you know it doesn't cover the core melody? Your thoughts on this mix are totally unfounded, seeing as how many of the groups mixes do cover the source material adequately, albeit creatively.

Do your homework before making such ridiculous statements. :roll:

The melody starts at 1:27 and succeeds in continuing through the sax solo via guitar... enough of the melody is quoted...

I LOVE this one. Its great how you can hear the sax soloing what sounded like zelda's lullaby while the guitars in the back played the temple theme. Nesk is a great group. These guys should seriously think about a CD label and some open gigs. Don't even tell people its video game music because that would turn off the old jazz crowd, just play it and see how they like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I was really excited to see a mix of Ganon's Temple (my favorite piano piece to play) on the main page, by The N-squad, no less. Sahasralah's Homecoming was a great piece that I didn't expect out of a jazz mix. My ears would perk up everytime it came around on the playlist, but this song was much more ambient, almost neutral in that sense. I can tell that there's a lot going here, but the more obscure harmony and more pronounced "freestyle" brought it off my playlist fairly quickly.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01231 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Ganon's Temple"