Midwest / Great Lakes Area Meetup 2010

Obtuse

In 2009, Bahamut tried to get a meetup going in the Midwest and nothing made it anywhere. Let's get together in the Midwest OCR! I'm tired of seeing pictures of all the East Coast Meetups on facebook and never see anything from the Midwest members.

I have 2 locations in mind.

I would love to meetup in Chicago, IL at a park, play frisbee, get some food, bring a laptop and do some recording. We could even go to some cool places like Shed Aquarium or the Art Museum. Upside to Chicago : Lots to do, lots of places to go.

Badside to Chicago : Big city, lots of traffic, travel logistics can be a bitch.

The second location I have in mind is Champaign, IL - Bahamut currently resides there. We could do the same things as I mentioned above.

I have a Date in mind of June 26. Anyone down? Let me know of your preferences! If you want a date change then you better be willing to commit to a different date and show up.

Have fun, guys, wherever you decide to meet! I remember the 2007 Louisville meetup. That was such fun! If Nekofrog and I weren't living in Mississippi and Arizona, respectively, at the moment, and still lived in Northern Indiana, we'd totally have gone to this. Enjoy yourselves!

Dude. I'd totally be down for it, except the 26th is no good for me. It would have to be a bit farther in the future for me to go.

Though it's about time we had a Midwest meetup again. Last one was in Louisville back in 2007.

If ANYONE has to come through Northern Wisconsin, or would be willing to pick me up, I will help pay for gas with little money I have.

Or arrange a half way point, possibly. the pick me up would work so much better. cause I'd have no one to drive me to meet up.

I'm in as long as I can find a ride.

Not that anyone really knows me here (I'm no remixer either) but I think that would be pretty cool. Midwest never gets enough love for anything :(

If ANYONE has to come through Northern Wisconsin, or would be willing to pick me up, I will help pay for gas with little money I have.

Or arrange a half way point, possibly. the pick me up would work so much better. cause I'd have no one to drive me to meet up.

I'm in as long as I can find a ride.

Where in Wisconsin? Perhaps I could get in on that pick me up as well and help pay for gas. I don't have a car though (no way I can afford one right now with all my college finances/debt) so there's no way I can drive.

Too bad it's not a little in future after the 26th; I'm going to be in northern Indiana (literally 5 minutes from Chicago) on/around the 29th until July 10th or so.

Not that anyone really knows me here (I'm no remixer either) but I think that would be pretty cool. Midwest never gets enough love for anything :(

Where in Wisconsin? Perhaps I could get in on that pick me up as well and help pay for gas. I don't have a car though (no way I can afford one right now with all my college finances/debt) so there's no way I can drive.

Too bad it's not a little in future after the 26th; I'm going to be in northern Indiana (literally 5 minutes from Chicago) on/around the 29th until July 10th or so.

Ladysmith wisconsin, kind of on the northwestern side of wisconsin, look it up on google maps.

I dig that concert on the 28th. Great music that I had never heard before. I'm guessing it would be difficult for everyone to attend on a wednesday night. Plus we'd either need a place to hang or a hotel. I may just go anyway if you're going that night.

I was thinking of just making this a day trip thing. Otherwise we need a hotel or someone's place.

In Chicago, the only remixer who has spoken is CC Rider. Do you have room for any of us to chill in Chicago CC?

If we did it in Champaign, bahamut do you have any room?