Megaman Zero Collection

Gollgagh

as far as I can tell this game claims to exist but nobody has evidence to support that idea

For me this is a typical Capcom game release... Damn Capcom of Europe always screws up their distribution (except on the really big titles like Resident Evil or Street Fighter). Sad to hear that it's starting to get just as bad in America :(

I was interested in this game, too. I liked Zero 1 but never completed any of the others.

If you looked up the the story and last battles of Zero 3 I'm going to kill you on charges of extreme spoiler offenses. 0_o

Hmm, I think I did look them up a while ago, when I started playing Mega Man ZX. In my defense, I've forgotten the details.

Do I get to live?

I already own the GBA ones, not sure if I'll get the collection if it doesn't add any awesome bonus material. I'd highly recommend checking out this series! I personally prefer it over the standard MM and MMX series due to the fact that it's actually pretty hard and has a good storyline. Plus, the soundtrack kicks ass.

I already own the GBA ones, not sure if I'll get the collection if it doesn't add any awesome bonus material. I'd highly recommend checking out this series! I personally prefer it over the standard MM and MMX series due to the fact that it's actually pretty hard and has a good storyline. Plus, the soundtrack kicks ass.

quoted for truth.

I may pick this up, that way I can actually play them handheld instead of being a jerk like I used to and play them on emus.

again this is supposedly out but none of the stores in this city have it and nobody on the internet has dumped it

what is happening here

Haven't checked any stores around here, but it's out there on the internet (trimmed and pre-cracked though, no clean dump as far as I know).

Hmm... it's damn tempting to go pick it up, for sure. Interesting that it's the only Megaman series that has a definitive end to it (unless MMX8 really ends that series, but I haven't played that one so I can't say), thus it should only have one collection to get excited over (Yeah, Megaman Collection WILL come out again with an 'update' that includes MM9, 10, 11... mark my words).

Hmm... it's damn tempting to go pick it up, for sure. Interesting that it's the only Megaman series that has a definitive end to it (unless MMX8 really ends that series, but I haven't played that one so I can't say), thus it should only have one collection to get excited over (Yeah, Megaman Collection WILL come out again with an 'update' that includes MM9, 10, 11... mark my words).

Megaman Zero does not have a definitive end!!! What happened at the end with Zero's empty armor!?!? Where's Zero?

THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW

Just so you guys know, GameStops won't reflect that they have it when you check their inventory online until tomorrow. Unless you called and confirmed, most stores probably have it right now, as it was a middle-tier release that shipped several copies to each location.

That said, I grabbed mine and played it a bit. Here's the initial breakdown:

+ Custom controls

+ Beautiful artwork displayed on bottom screen during gameplay, regularly updated

+ Decent extras

+ Music sounds nicer coming through the DS speakers, though it's still just the GBA soundchip

+ It's Mega Man Zero 1-4 for a reasonable price. Those games, especially 3 and 4, are easily some of the best original GBA games ever released

- Top screen displays in the exact same pixel ratio as plugging in the GBA games

- At least initially, the only way you can play the version that lets you do 1-4 as one big game is also the "Easy Mode," which is really easy.

- Easy mode is possibly easier than Mega Man Zero 4's; you die, but your life count never decreases. You also start with all Cyber Elfs, max health, and full E-Tanks

From my time with it so far, here's a brief list of missed opportunities:

* Updated graphics. The DS is capable of so much more. The Zero games were all nice to begin with, but seriously, the sprites could have been redrawn and updated a bit

* Updated soundtracks. They have 4 full albums out there arranging EVERY LAST TRACK from these games, along with voiced drama tracks. On a DS card, there is no reason that these things could not have been used instead. No reason whatsoever.

* Increase the screen size. If I wanted to play the GBA versions, I would. They could at least have had an option to stretch the screen to take up the full top screen of the DS

* Uncensor Zero 1. Mega Man Zero 1 had some censoring concerning the blood. It was unnecessary then, it's unnecessary now.

All of these points aside, here's the reality. It's Mega Man Zero 1-4. Any self-respecting Mega Man fan has played these already, and if you haven't, get it. Even if you have, it's probably worth the price of admission, but it'll probably drop to $20 in the upcoming months. When it does, you owe it to yourself to buy this collection and relive the Zero storyline. It's really that good.

I've played all of them but own none. (well I tried to buy a copy of MMZ3 on amazon once but the seller stiffed me)

as for updating things, when was the last time capcom updated something (besides Meverick Hunter and Powered Up since those are complete rebuilds)

I think I'll get this once I perhaps beat Disgaea DS (yeah right, like that'll ever happen, lol... 8 hours and I'm at episode 3...).

I've heard the first is just impossibly hard, the second is OK, while the last 2 are really great.

It sounds interesting, and I do love a good challenge, but I wonder just how much they added to the games themselves... I do like extras, ha. Some older dudes I know on the internetz who have been MM fans since the first and whatnot really like the series and recommend the Zero games, so I'm mainly going off of their praises.

I just hope it's in plentiful stock.