Megaman Zero Collection

Gollgagh

XZero is right on all counts. You can either play the original games individually, or go for Easy Mode. You have to play the games in order to do that though. You also unlock artwork for the bottom screen, and can map buttons to X and Y. Also, remember the pesky E-Reader cards for Zero 3 that did extra stuff? If not, it's okay. They're here in digital form.

Still, it's a good deal, and if you've never played them due to the alleged difficulty (some may disagree), then the new Easy mode is for you. You can still find out what happens and not have to throw a GBA against the wall.

Easy mode is a little too easy imo. Just started MMZ1, and you start with EVERY cyber-elf upgrade, and the ability to instantly do charged shots without charging (use SF2 motions).

Edit: It is super-easy, but still a ton of fun. SF2-style MMZero allowed me to beat the first game (finishing all the missions) in about an hour this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I bought this, and I'm already fucking stuck at the Resistance Base when you get there for the first time.

I've talked to everyone, I've given that fatass 250 crystals or whatever, but I can't do anything.

I can't talk to that Ciel chick; all I can do is grind at that abandoned lab at the beginning of the game.

Did my game cart just fuck up or something?

so if you press up next to ciel it doesn't do anything?

Or up on the Trans Server to go to the next stage. The first mission (not counting the intro mission) you don't really talk to a Ciel to do, you just transport there and it starts.

If I remember right.

Anyways, I've played the first and second MM Zero games before, but never finished them in the past. I bought this and FINALLY finished the first MM Zero game and I'm pretty much hooked. Awesome stuff.

Well I just started a game, and was able to talk to her, from the opposite side of the room.

Just how unintuitive is that?

Games tell you "stand next to someone to talk to them"

So someone says "talk to me"

And standing next to them does nothing?

Sigh, maybe it was a glitch.

Oh well.

Got my custom controls all configured, so it isn't so awkward to play...

I hope the music is good.

Same thing happened to me. The first time, I had to stand quite a distance away before she'd talk with me. After that first time, it seemed to work the right way though.

Is there a better order to go through the missions? (as opposed to sequential?) I fail so hard on every "next" mission so I wonder if there are easier missions that'll allow me to beef up a little more before tackling missions with difficult bosses.

I don't really have an order for the missions... I just try one, and if its too hard, I try a different one and see if I can manage it.

Right now, the only mission I have left is Protect the Factory level.

Hoo boy, it's a doozy. At least that Hacking level drops you off with like 3 continues; hell, that's like Christmas in July right there. Good thing Leviathan is a big robo-pussy who died with little difficulty. Charged Saber > Everything.

I just wish these bitch Cyber Elves weren't demanding 1000s of fucking ECs to be used. Yes, I DO want more health, but for fuck's sake stop jacking up the prices.

A few good MM fans I know tell me that the series doesn't get REALLY good until Z3 and Z4, whereas the first is just too hard and the second is OK.

So I told some MM fan/pals I have on another forum that I've made it all the way to the final level of Zero 1 without using any of the permanent upgrade elves (like the more health, more defense, better everything upgrades), mainly because I didn't have the fucking Crystals to buy (oh wait I mean 'feed') them, and it looks like they were actually impressed that I've made it so far with so little.

Should I feel proud of myself or sorry for them?

So I told some MM fan/pals I have on another forum that I've made it all the way to the final level of Zero 1 without using any of the permanent upgrade elves (like the more health, more defense, better everything upgrades), mainly because I didn't have the fucking Crystals to buy (oh wait I mean 'feed') them, and it looks like they were actually impressed that I've made it so far with so little.

Should I feel proud of myself or sorry for them?

I tried to go for as long as I could without any of the Cyber Elves.

Then in the last three missions, I started getting subtanks because I didn't want to start repeating.the final level over and over and I knew it was coming up. I ended up realizing how huge of a help they were in those last missions.

If you didn't need anything though, I'd be really impressed too. It's a frustrating game without any extra help.

Well once I DID get there, I decided "Ok no nurse elves and no health upgrades TIME TO CHANGE THINGS UP"

So I went grinding and got a tiny bit more health and ONE subtank (because I only have one subtank elf). Hopefully I'll make it through the boss rush. I can beat Harpuia and Leviathan with minimal difficulty, but Phantom is a pain in the ass. And so is Fenfir, kinda.

Also a big plus of those "drop items all the time" elves is that when I went grinding, I picked up like 7 continues. SCORE.

EDIT:

Beat that motherfucker of a game.

Man, X was fucking easy.

First form: Charge saber, rush. Charge saber. rush. Dodge. Charge saber, rush. Dead.

Second form:

Equip Ice. Charge saber, jump, slash. Charge saber, jump, slash. WHAT THE FCK GET OFF ME YOU GODDAMN BLUE CHEERIOS OH GOD FIRE WON'T STOP Charge saber, jump, slash. Dead.

I guess those 8 continues helped, but I beat the final boss on my first go.

Rainbow Devil was almost harder, in a way.

So, where they saving all of their good music until MMZ2?

Playing through the whole of the first game without a memorable tune, and now right off the bat the soundtrack pulls a paradigm shift and becomes great?

Huh.

It looks like Z2 is formatted much more like a traditional X game as opposed to 1, now.

So, where they saving all of their good music until MMZ2?

Playing through the whole of the first game without a memorable tune, and now right off the bat the soundtrack pulls a paradigm shift and becomes great?

Huh.

It looks like Z2 is formatted much more like a traditional X game as opposed to 1, now.

I dunno, Neo Arcadia (though better on the second one), Crash, Fake (Final battle) were very memorable to me. But yea starting with the 2nd one the music gets a ton better.

Hooo, crap, this game is hard. I also have to say: I don't think it was designed very well. I've been able to only beat one of the first few missions (Destroy the Train), but I have no lives left. So, what, I only get ONE chance now for every level, and if I fail I HAVE to give up, and never get to try again? C'mon! And no, I'm not going to play on easy mode.