Rock Band 3 (Now with Midi Keyboard)

Brandon Strader

Finally. I have been talking about this for a long time; how there needs to be a keyboard controller version of Rockband or GH. There is a plethora of 80's tracks that require a keyboard controller to fully get behind, at least that's how I feel. I'd also love to see some power metal tracks make it too; which is less likely, but a possibility I am equally excited about.

keytar peripheral + possibility of Queen: Rock Band = Bleck is a happy man

Yup!

No, you only need one song to get you want this game.

THE POWER OF LOVE BY HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS!!

Considering my character for Rock Band had Marty McFly's outfit at the prom (and the same kind of guitar), plus my grey hair and weight lifting gloves, I'll definitely be making a band name on there.

The Pinheads?

The George McFly's?

No, The McFlys!

The Jigawatts!!!

The Jail Bird Joeys!!

I have to quit giving ideas out!!! Dang it!!!

Naw naw, your band is Hubcap and the Brushfires!

I don't wanna spend $500 on a new fake drumkit though. :-(

And no that's not a confirmed price. But I figure the PRO instrument bundle will be brutal.

They are getting a midi converter for real electric drum kits.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

Also Pro Guitar, and Pro everything is the way real men play.

If there was ever a Rock Band for me, this is it.

Hopefully there's some Symphony X I can jam to. Oh wait, it's Rock Band.

Maybe they should make Prog Rock Band just for me. Fuck everyone else, I wanna play some Eloy, some Camel, some Rush!

They have the good stuff on Rock Band Network. I'm serious, bands most people here never heard of like Glass Hammer. Ywingie Malmsteen has a song I think. A lot of good metal on there. If you're looking for the real experience, RBN is the way to go. You can even get some great songs for half price.

Camel. EFF YES. I need flute peripheral so I can play Rhayader.

I find your lack of Europe disturbing.

I swear to your pagan gods if The Final Countdown isn't on the Rockband Network at some point in time, heads will roll.

HEADS!!!

Like I said, it's already in Lego, and Harmonix have confirmed it'll be possible to import from previous RB games.

If there was ever a Rock Band for me, this is it.

Hopefully there's some Symphony X I can jam to. Oh wait, it's Rock Band.

Maybe they should make Prog Rock Band just for me. Fuck everyone else, I wanna play some Eloy, some Camel, some Rush!

There's a bit of prog DLC, especially Rush.

The fusion of real, playable instruments and Rock Band controllers has been, I think, what Harmonix was aiming for all along. Now that it seems to finally be coming to pass, maybe, just maybe, we can actually learn to play music while playing the game.

I learned how to play the drums with Rock Band. I was doing it right all along while you guys were clicking goofy little buttons. Then you try to play real guitar like that and it sounds like Meshuggah.

• 4 months later...

Bump I guess.

So this came out yesterday. Wondering if anyone can answer this yet.

Does anyone know if I can use a run of the mill midi to USB adapter to hook up a keyboard? Being the cheap gamer that I am, I really don't feel like investing in a 40 dollar pro adapter. I'm leaning towards no, seeing as drivers are needed for computer use.

Bump I guess.

So this came out yesterday. Wondering if anyone can answer this yet.

Does anyone know if I can use a run of the mill midi to USB adapter to hook up a keyboard? Being the cheap gamer that I am, I really don't feel like investing in a 40 dollar pro adapter. I'm leaning towards no, seeing as drivers are needed for computer use.

Unless you can flash it to have the 360 or PS3 recognition stuff on it. Besides, the adapter doesn't come out for another month or so.

On the upside, pro keys is great.

so... does nobody else see how this is actually a brilliant plan by the man to make us do the one thing rock bands have never done... practice?

"just 30 more hours of keeping time straight and I'll get that new unlockable"

"wanna come chill?" "no, man, I gotta go work on that killer solo in Bohemian Rhapsody so I can get 50 gamerpoints"

harmonix's master plan is to create a world of perfect cover bands.

on the plus side, I can't wait to see how horns/strings are integrated :smile:

So I've been planning on picking this game up for a while now, what with the keyboard and pro guitar and all. Been kinda concerned about whether or not to pick it up for the 360 or the Wii though. I've already got the controllers for the Wii, but it seems like the 360 may have better DLC or online play support. Anyone know of any major differences? I've looked around a bit, but haven't found anything too clear or reliable, and I don't relaly want to drop a load of money on something without doing a bit more research.

So I've been planning on picking this game up for a while now, what with the keyboard and pro guitar and all. Been kinda concerned about whether or not to pick it up for the 360 or the Wii though. I've already got the controllers for the Wii, but it seems like the 360 may have better DLC or online play support. Anyone know of any major differences? I've looked around a bit, but haven't found anything too clear or reliable, and I don't relaly want to drop a load of money on something without doing a bit more research.

360 Version is superior.

Cause the wii blows.

In all seriousness, if you plan on being Pro like me, you are gonna end up spending money on the Guitar anyway, so may as well get it for a system that has better online support and doesn't blow.

Get it for the 360!!