Rock Band 3 (Now with Midi Keyboard)

Brandon Strader

360 Version is superior.

Cause the wii blows.

In all seriousness, if you plan on being Pro like me, you are gonna end up spending money on the Guitar anyway, so may as well get it for a system that has better online support and doesn't blow.

Get it for the 360!!

You could spend hundreds of dollars on that rock band 3 bundle or you could, you know, get a kickass real guitar... You could spend $80 on the fake keyboard or get a much better, computer-functional midi keyboard... you see where I'm going with this? ;-) Anyway I'm sure the game is great fun, but it's not something I'll be able to afford any time soon. When your game peripherals start to rival the prices of their real-life counter-parts.... I dunno man....

I picked the game up myself. Really enjoying it so far. It's unfortunate that the adapter doesn't come out for a month, though. I, too, was looking forward to keying it up.

It's unfortunate that you can apparently only play with four people in online play, however. It seems All Instruments Mode (which enables all 5 instruments + harmony) disables online play while active. Additionally, when playing online you're limited to drums, vocals, and two of the three: guitar, bass, keys. From what I understand there's no way around this, at least for now. Other than this limitation, however, the online play is pretty great.

Also, I got an Xbox 360 for this game. My experience with Rock Band on the Wii had been lackluster at best. If anyone wants my gamertag for Rock Band fun, just PM me or somesuch.

360 Version is superior.

Cause the wii blows.

In all seriousness, if you plan on being Pro like me, you are gonna end up spending money on the Guitar anyway, so may as well get it for a system that has better online support and doesn't blow.

Get it for the 360!!

I suppose it's also worth noting that I have RB2 for Wii to export.

I checked out a few retailers earlier today, and I didn't see anyone selling RB3 bundles with the drums or anything. The game is being sold, but it looks like nobody carries any of the controllers.

I want to get the 360 version, but I also don't want to drop $200+ on new controllers. Just trying to weigh my options here.

Does anyone with the Wii version have any sort of input lag? I'm a bit concerned about input lag or game slowdowns.

I checked out a few retailers earlier today, and I didn't see anyone selling RB3 bundles with the drums or anything. The game is being sold, but it looks like nobody carries any of the controllers.

I want to get the 360 version, but I also don't want to drop $200+ on new controllers. Just trying to weigh my options here.

Does anyone with the Wii version have any sort of input lag? I'm a bit concerned about input lag or game slowdowns.

Rock Band is solid on HDTVs but it does have lag during free-fill sections... Guitar Hero series on the other hand is unplayable on HDTVs. That's why I gave all of mine to my sister. She plays on medium. I played on Expert+ drums. Yeah... :|

You could spend hundreds of dollars on that rock band 3 bundle or you could, you know, get a kickass real guitar... You could spend $80 on the fake keyboard or get a much better, computer-functional midi keyboard... you see where I'm going with this? ;-) Anyway I'm sure the game is great fun, but it's not something I'll be able to afford any time soon. When your game peripherals start to rival the prices of their real-life counter-parts.... I dunno man....

The keyboard is midi functional, and so is the Guitar tard bucket.

I play Expert guitar, and the Wii version works great: I haven't had any issues with lag or slowdown. Just be aware that the background band graphics look pretty terrible; they should've just stuck with the RB2 character models, as they look much better on the Wii compared to the new "Uncanny Valley" look of RB3. Otherwise, it's entirely playable and great fun.