Tron Legacy

The Biznut

I saw this

before watching Prince of Persia, and it totally floored me. The music in the trailer kicks ass, especially coming from a theater sound system. Apparently Daft Punk is gonna be all over the soundtrack too, which is more good news.

I will definitely be watching the original Tron shortly (as I actually haven't seen it before) and getting myself in line for this one in December!

• 5 months later...

Imma have to go with chthonic on that one xD. Ever since I saw the trailer in movie theaters, I've been wanting to see this. Haven't seen the original, so my thoughts are gonna be based off seeing this as a brand new movie which is completely fine with me. The whole movie looks so vivid with with neon lighting on the overall dark look which is the main thing that draws me in so I'm hopin it delivers with the whole movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the soundtrack based on the comments here and the sample on Disney's webpage. Oh. My. God. Brilliant music, excellent thematic scoring, and that end titles song... wow. I'd say to at least listen to it on YouTube, but the YouTube compression REALLY doesn't do it justice. The whole thing is worth it for that track alone.

Listening to the soundtrack on Youtube, I was pretty disappointed. It just sounds like generic Hollywood over-epic music done with some electronic instrumentation. I was hoping for a movie full of four on the floor dance beats. Basically, Interstella 5555 Part 2. Derezzed is honestly the only track that is what I wanted.

I imagine two hours of non-stop UNTZ UNTZ would be irritating, heh. I've looked at clips of scenes from the film, and the music definitely works well in context. "Derezzed" was composed specifically for a scene in a nightclub, which is kind of amusing.