E3 2010: Nintendo

The Damned

New Zelda trailer! Starts off by showing Link from the previous models. The game is called "The Skyward Sword".

Miyamoto confirms it uses Wii Motion Plus (duh) and that proper stances will affect the use of the sword and shield. Like, if you hold your nunchuck up, the shield will work better. Enemies will be cut differently depending upon the angle you swing your sword at. One example is a door with an eye in it. It tracks your sword, but if you try to cut it, it will close its eye. So you have to use a special attack at the right time and way to hit it.

Using the shield can deflect enemy attacks back at them, sort of like the old Mirror Shield.

Enemies with weapons will hold their clubs or shields to defend themselves, and you have to swing your sword to get around them.

Items are handled as if they are in a pocket. So you have to "reach in" with the Wiimote to access them, and then turn your Wiimote to slect them. Also, with Motion Plus, you no longer have to aim at the screen when using the slingshot (and I would suppose the bow and arrow). Bombs can be rolled by using the same motion as bowling.

Incidentally, Miyamoto isn't very good at his own games. Designer first, player second, I guess. There were a few comments from Miyamoto about "wireless interference", which may be true. Lots of cellphones and laptops everywhere.

Miyamoto says the game will be out next year.

Curse you, Schwaltzvald. I was editing the first post and watching everything while you added that in.

Also, curse you, Nintendo, for playing the Zelda video first and distracting me.

Linklevania?

why the fuck not and LOL on you for not providing the link :tomatoface: in the first place!

Also DUAL SCREEN BABY!