OCR02643 - *YES* Kirby Super Star 'Blowing Bubbles in Space'

Palpable

ReMixer name: halc

UserID: 23301

Game: Kirby Super Star

Individual Song: Bubbly Clouds

Name of Remix: Blowing Bubbles in Space

This is a track I made back in 2008 for the Kirby Super Star project, before I was taken in as co-director. This was one of the first mixes where I went all out with in game sfx, treating them like percussive and sometimes also pitched instruments. It's slightly dated in comparison to my most recent works, but I had a lot of fun making it and I hope you all enjoy!~

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Cool textures and a pleasant feel keep this one interesting. It does feel less robust than some of your more recent stuff, but it's still solid. The sound effects are excellent additions to the soundscape, and really give it a fun and playful feel that matches the melody perfectly.

The way the track evolved was pretty deliberate and subtle, but it was there. The transitions were really tight, including the near-seamless tempo boost, and my only real complaint is that the sound palate was a little too restrained. I'd have liked to hear some additional hi-fi textures in there, and some more lead sounds.

Yes

Like Andrew pointed out this could've used some more "modern" textures too to flesh out the rather sparse soundscape. However the tracks stands firmly on it's own two feet. The use of sound fx is charming and the arrangement develops nicely over time, some very good personalization going on too! While not as strong as your recent stuff this is still good enough to pass.

YES

Very bubbly and fun. This track has some definite charm by using the sfx, and as the gentlemen above mentioned, the arrangement is nicely done. Some newer textures could have helped fill out and vary the soundscape a little more, but even as it is it's a cute mix. I was impressed with the accelerando, because of how subtle it is.

This definitely sounds like an older piece of yours, but it still shows some quality work.

YES

kirbybias

YES

okay okay I guess I should vote for real huh?

It certainly has a very in-game sound, but more like a modernized Kirby game than an older track. The texture is very spacey, like a chiptune that grew up to be an astronaut. Nice syncopation and embellishments; there are a lot of little things going on that fill in the spaces.

Very cool.