Nintendo 3DS

DarkeSword

I need to see one of these in action before I can really know how I feel about it. Just like with the PlayStation 3 3D stuff. A video of a live demo just doesn't tell me anything.

Still, from what I'm hearing and reading, it looks REALLY nice and I'll probably want one.

It's completely unnecessary, but I'm interested to see it nonetheless.

qft

I'm more interested in the game library.

That's true. The press conference mostly introduced it as a multimedia device, which surprised me since Nintendo usually doesn't do that. They mentioned Kid Icarus but otherwise not a lot about the games. Hearing there are going to be great 3D N64 game remakes and other stuff makes me a LOT more interested in this thing.

And hey, I still have an old, phat DS. The 3DS is backwards compatible, so it could also be a great replacement.

You know what, yeah I'm almost certainly getting one :)

Nintendo seems serious about trying to incorporate 3D in a manner that furthers the experience rather than just tack it on as a bullet point that adds next to nothing(except seizures) to games like the 3D that Sony and a bunch of movie production studios are going for. While I don't know what 3D will do for remakes like Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time, for games developed with the system in mind I'm sure it'll be relevant.

Also I just finished going through Kid Icarus on the NES, and now I'm pretty excited for Uprising. Hell yeah.

As soon as I can grab a 3DS, I'm all over it.

Fun fact: Miyamoto specifically requested that the 3D slider was analog slider, for the purposes of seeing the changes instantly, and to make it more intuitive as opposed to a button or a menu. It was also because everyone sees things differently, so this would help make it more accessible.

I want one of these. Although I haven't seen a mic on it...

Fun fact: Miyamoto specifically requested that the 3D slider was analog slider, for the purposes of seeing the changes instantly, and to make it more intuitive as opposed to a button or a menu. It was also because everyone sees things differently, so this would help make it more accessible.

I want one of these. Although I haven't seen a mic on it...

I don't get the appeal of a mic on a handheld console. My blood pressure rose significantly every time there was a "Now you have to blow into the mic" part in any DS game, especially if I was in public. Sure, it's a cool idea but I just don't think it works well in reality.

Either way, I'm getting this on launch day. Which is something I told myself I wouldn't do again after the Wii. The lineup looks amazing and the 3D looks interesting, although it's not the main allure for me.

i dont really feel like reading anything does this thing still use friend codes

We don't know yet. You bring up a really good point, though.

And speaking of "I love you Nintendo but some things you do really piss me off," I wonder if there will finally be a way to transfer stuff from a DS Shop account to a new 3DS?

(or for the Wii Shop channel, but that's for a different thread)

Hey guys, this is a topic about the 3DS! Not the games! Stop getting off topic, it's against the point of threaded discussion. If you want to discuss the games and not the hardware, make a separate topic for games.

Of course, when you do that, you'll get off-topic again by discussing SPECIFIC games, and not games in general, and so you'll have to make separate threads for each game.

And then threads for each feature in each game.

Basically, stop discussing, is what I'm saying. Unless you want to flood gen. disc. with a TON of topics.

(lol @ DarkeSword)

Here's a question about the SD slot.

SDHC or SDXC?

That's a significant selling point for me. SDHC is only 32 GB (or 29.8 once you do the math and all that table stuff). SDXC starts at 64 GB and goes up from there. That's a huge amount of stuff to have on their.

Also, maybe some better media support. AAC may be slightly better (and cheaper) than MP3, but guess what most of the people out there still use and have all their files as?

Also, maybe some better media support. AAC may be slightly better (and cheaper) than MP3, but guess what most of the people out there still use and have all their files as?

wait a second are they really doing this hahaha

i thought they wanted to compete with the iphone as far as media players go theyre not gonna be able to compete if they dont support mp3s

Man, it's a handheld. How much space do you NEED on a handheld? 32, or even 29.8, gigs is PLENTY. The media support topic is much more important than HC v XC. Honestly, as long as it plays MP3s, I'm fine; who actually uses DRM-formats, anyway? If you still do, you should really stop; you're only going to be a pirate when your hard drive crashes and you lose all those files, anyway.

Hate carrying around multiple DS carts with you when you travel? It sounds like the 3DS will clear up that issue for you.

According to the Japanese publication Nikkei, the 3DS will allow you to store games on the hardware itself. You pop a game in, you copy it over to the DS, and you're set to go! It all seems very cool, and not an approach that Nintendo would traditionally take!

Quote from GoNintendo

Original source from here

Let this be true...

...But I doubt it.

From RPM's 3DS topic. Should be interesting if it's true.