Nintendo 3DS

DarkeSword

ipod touches cant take pictures

but yeah iphone/android games are getting pretty big and being that you can use it as a complete allaround media device which is a pretty big advantage over something like a ds thats really just built for playing games

i mean i MIGHT be getting a 3ds but i can definitely see why more people nowadays will skip it since they already have a portable gaming thingy that they always carry around to begin with

I fail to see how comparing a 3DS to an iPhone works.They're completely different devices for completely different prices for different purposes. :P

It's like comparing apples to the green lantern corps.

uhhhh theyre a heck of a lot more similar than phones and portable gaming devices of years past

and what are you talking about the prices are pretty similar

also i didnt bring up the comparison someone else did

ipod touches cant take pictures

but yeah iphone/android games are getting pretty big and being that you can use it as a complete allaround media device which is a pretty big advantage over something like a ds thats really just built for playing games

i mean i MIGHT be getting a 3ds but i can definitely see why more people nowadays will skip it since they already have a portable gaming thingy that they always carry around to begin with

uhhhh theyre a heck of a lot more similar than phones and portable gaming devices of years past

and what are you talking about the prices are pretty similar

also i didnt bring up the comparison someone else did

iPhones are pretty expensive, and that's not even adding in the monthly cost or whatever.

Plus the big problem with the iPhone concept is that you're spending all your time gaming and taking photographs and playing neat apps that drain your battery; next thing you know, you don't have enough battery to make a 911 call to let the police know you're about to be murdered.

iPhones are pretty expensive, and that's not even adding in the monthly cost or whatever.

Plus the big problem with the iPhone concept is that you're spending all your time gaming and taking photographs and playing neat apps that drain your battery; next thing you know, you don't have enough battery to make a 911 call to let the police know you're about to be murdered.

$200 with an upgrade is not expensive (although $600 without one obviously is) and is right in the ballpark zone of what the 3ds is gonna cost

and their battery lives are basically the same what are you talking about

$200 with an upgrade is not expensive (although $600 without one obviously is) and is right in the ballpark zone of what the 3ds is gonna cost

and their battery lives are basically the same what are you talking about

Does "monthly payment" mean anything to you :tomatoface:

You're comparing a phone to a gaming console. :/

What you're doing is saying the iPhone is better because it's an all around media device while the DS isn't for the same price range.

So why don't we all just stop buying PSP's and DS's and let's just go get iPhones!

the great majority of people in the world have cell phones so theyre ALREADY paying that monthly payment so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a ton more out of your phone

and im not comparing a phone to a gaming console the iphone IS a gaming console

So why don't we all just stop buying PSP's and DS's and let's just go get iPhones!

this is exactly the thought process he's talking about, yes. i know you meant for it to sound completely ridiculous, but it really isn't, especially for the older demographic that nintendo is apparently targeting (games like mgs and the zelda and star fox remakes point to this). the iphone's initial investment (with an upgrade) is about the same as a 3ds, which doesn't include monthly payments, but it's a fucking phone. monthly payments are standard here. nintendo is placing the 3ds directly in competition with stuff like the ipod touch and iphone by including music and movie support and a (hopefully) more robust online component, and they are aware of this. it's not a coincidence. the question is whether or not people that are between the ages of, maybe, 16 and 25 (or whatever) will want to spend 200 or 300 bucks on a gaming system with extra stuff, or a phone with extra stuff that also happens to have gaming on it. sure, you won't be playing star fox 3d on your iphone, but you also won't be paying 40 dollars for each new game you buy, and you'll be making phone calls and texting with it. for someone who doesn't have tons of disposable income, it makes a lot of sense to compare the 3ds and the iphone.

I play a lot of games on my Android phone, but it still won't replace my proper handheld gaming device for one reason only: lack of decent gaming buttons. All-touch controls suck for most games, and phones that have hard keyboards cramp my hand like hell, and I have pretty small hands.

I still can't consider an un-jailbreaked iphone to be a true gaming console. the closest ut gets to having full games are Castle of Magic and Zenonia, but even still, those are past-gen style games. You'll not find a game on iphone with as good control and replay value as NSMB, or a deep and engaging RPG like FFIV or TWEWY.

For games like Tower Defense and SquareBall, though, it's great. But it just can't compare to games like MPH or any Pokemon game.

What you're doing is saying the iPhone is better because it's an all around media device while the DS isn't for the same price range.

Don't you know that the iTouch does the same thing without a monthly cost neblix? Don't be an idiot.

The iTouch is comparable in cost to the DS and PSP and is much better as a media device than both of them. Value for dollar it's easily the best choice if you have any desire for media stuff, not to mention the best portable web browser.

That being said, there is an argument to be made that the DS/PSP are better at gaming -- though that gap is very quickly closing with things like Zenonia and Chaos Rings.

Sure the iProducts could be a handheld gaming force IF anyone was making games for them. Problem is that most of it is shovelware and the big titles are still your app games that are crap like Bejeweled or Peggle. So I wouldn't get your hopes up at all for them. If I do recall there was a Sessler's Soapbox like three weeks ago on this very topic.

Sure the iProducts could be a handheld gaming force IF anyone was making games for them. Problem is that most of it is shovelware and the big titles are still your app games that are crap like Bejeweled or Peggle. So I wouldn't get your hopes up at all for them. If I do recall there was a Sessler's Soapbox like three weeks ago on this very topic.

examples of great gaming on the iphone were already given. sure, a ton of it is shovelware, but so is a ton of the DS' library. that's going to be the case with any popular gaming platform, especially a portable one. for a lot of people, though, the big difference is that something like zenonia costs less than 10 dollars, whereas new 3ds titles will probably cost at least 40.

i'm not saying the iphone is going to render the 3ds irrelevant, or that it's a shitty system or anything. obviously it's going to be wildly popular. but in order for nintendo to convince new people to buy it, they're going to have to consider apple a serious competitor and make sure they deliver when it comes to stuff like online gaming, browsing, and other media.

because its not the systems main feature

seriously buy a camera if you want a camera

Cameras on phones aren't the main feature but that doesn't stop them from putting great cameras on cellular devices, great being relative to non camera devices. What I'm trippin about is that how is that gonna look blown up, but then I realized that my monitor does not have 3d capabilities so it would be pointless lol. I'm done arguing about it, I would like a better camera but I'll probably just eat those words when I see that the pictures look pretty good on the 3ds. Wonder if you'll be able to send them to other people...

the thing about iphone games is there are THOUSANDS of them so sure some are gonna be bad heck plenty are but hey plants vs zombies is THREE DOLLARS and is better than a lot of games for anything in my opinion

oh i'm sorry, i mean LOL WTF Y MY CAMERA SO BAD I WANT TO TAKE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS

youre really making yourself look like a complete idiot