Nintendo 3DS

DarkeSword

Although looking at Mark MacDonald's Twitter page, he says "others incorrectly reported it as GBA"

Even if it's not at launch, it will surely come later. Systems were added to the Wii's VC as time went on, remember? It shouldn't be any different with this.

We could even get Game Gear, Neo-Geo Pocket (Color), and possibly... WonderSwan?

No actual confirmation still makes this heresay (I wouldn't consider some blog post to be evidence without citing the original source). Just to make sure you didn't misunderstand what I'm saying, no evidence stating GBA VC will come doesn't exclude the possibility. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's inevitable, but it's certainly possible.

The price is exactly what I was expecting. How much was I expecting it? I have 5 fresh $100 bills in my desk, that's how much.

That would be $300 for the 3DS, and $200 for games and a few misc accessories, in case you were wondering about the math.

Sadly, the lack of a definitive North America price and date suck a bit, but at least we have solid info now.

Two questions, in case anyone can help clarify:

1. Is that black dock thing a wireless charger? It looks like it might be, as none of the new videos show any kind of plugging in cables.

2. Any more news on the SD card slot? Specifically, is it SDXC or SDHC compatible? I'd like to know what I can do with that extra memory, and how much I can use.

The price is exactly what I was expecting. How much was I expecting it? I have 5 fresh $100 bills in my desk, that's how much.

That would be $300 for the 3DS, and $200 for games and a few misc accessories, in case you were wondering about the math.

Sadly, the lack of a definitive North America price and date suck a bit, but at least we have solid info now.

Two questions, in case anyone can help clarify:

1. Is that black dock thing a wireless charger? It looks like it might be, as none of the new videos show any kind of plugging in cables.

2. Any more news on the SD card slot? Specifically, is it SDXC or SDHC compatible? I'd like to know what I can do with that extra memory, and how much I can use.

As has been said before many times in many places, that's what it is in Japan after conversion to USD. We may get a lower price. And now, answers.

1. I think it is. I also heard it can increase the speed of downloads.

2. It can support up to a 32 GB SD card, but no word if it can support SDXC or SDHC yet.

1. I think it is. I also heard it can increase the speed of downloads.

Cool.

2. It can support up to a 32 GB SD card, but no word if it can support SDXC or SDHC yet.

Well, the 32 gb SD cards are SDHC, so...

EDIT: Also, anyone watching the English video for the press conference? Click on "synchronize video to slide" and tell me what happens.

Cool.

Well, the 32 gb SD cards are SDHC, so...

EDIT: Also, anyone watching the English video for the press conference? Click on "synchronize video to slide" and tell me what happens.

Basically, Nintendo is still trying to go for it's original purpose since the Wii's launch, expand the gaming population.

I forgot what site I read, but according to some recent polls taken, people are very interested in 3D, especially on their television, but the high cost, is what turns them off it, as well as the glasses (at least the price of them anyways).

I think Nintendo is on a roll here, but it largely depends on how well this does in Japan (and eventually Europe and America). Granted, a lot of people don't think Japan matters, it still does. I think the problem with gaming in Japan is the heavy disinterest there seems to permeate throughout the community, especially with retread after retread of genres there. But since I don't live there, I'm talking out of my butt on that.

I knew about the TotA port, which is cool.

I did not know about the new Bust-a-Move, which is also cool.

And it never hurts to help; I wouldn't have known about these games (except on another forum I go to where it invariably would've been posted) but I think there are members here who only come here, and wouldn't think to look that stuff up.

I'm still holding out for a 250 price tag...

Shit, no way I'm paying 300 bucks at launch. I have to have money for games too, you know.

And I bet the regular price of games will go from 30 to 40 bucks, regular. Which will also kinda suck.

Oh well, there are still plenty of good DS games to get (like Phantom Trick, MAYBE Heroes of Light, Etrian Odyssey, etc).

I don't think I'd buy any of the N64 remakes, though. I never felt the urge to play Ocarina of Time on anything but my dear ol' n64. Same with Starfox.

However, MGS3? On a portable? C'mon, that sounds pretty cool. Considering I've been wanting to get into the MGS series forever now...