Kirby's Epic Yarn

DarkeSword

Aesthetically, yeah, Dream Land 3 was miles ahead of Super Star, I thought, but I went back and played Super Star so, *so* much more.

And personally, I'm kind of curious to see what Nintendo does with all these yarn tricks. I'm not afraid of them letting Kirby abandon his trademark technique - it could be a refreshing change of pace.

Squeak Squad was fine. They're all good. Super Star was a good game, but people need to stop acting like there haven't been any Kirby games since then. Dream Land 3, Crystal Shards, Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, and Super Star Ultra's extra games are all excellent, right up there with Super Star. Personally I think Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland is much better than Super Star, but like everyone who puts Super Star on a pedestal, it's just the nostalgia talking.

I played through Crystal Shards. It was OK, but generally sluggish and kinda boring. The multiplayer wasn't fun either. It's not nostalgia to say Superstar is awesome. I've played it recently and had a ton of fun.

Yeah I'm with zircon on that, the only two Kirby games I've ever really gone back to time and time again are Super Star because of how massive and downright fun it is and Dream Course, because the multiplayer is brilliant. Last time I bought Wii points I purchased Dream Land 3 instead of Dream Course and I'm kind of upset about it, not that DL3 is a bad game, I just love me some Kirby golf.

I played through Crystal Shards. It was OK, but generally sluggish and kinda boring. The multiplayer wasn't fun either. It's not nostalgia to say Superstar is awesome. I've played it recently and had a ton of fun.

Have to agree with Zircon here. My friend bought Crystal Shards on the Wii's VC, and I could barely get into it. I played for around 30 minutes but hated hated hated how slow and sluggish it felt. I respected the power-fusing ability, which is a good idea, but IMO could have implemented much better.

I hate to be the Kirby Superstar fanboy and everything, but Superstar definitely spoiled the series for me. For probably five years straight everytime I'd head to my cousin's house we'd pop the game in and run through the whole thing over and over again because the game's just so fun with two people. I just recently bought the game myself for my Wii and am having a blast with it.

Epic Yarn was definitely NOT was I was expecting, but I'm not counting it out, simply because we have so little information on it. The art style looks fan-friggin'-tastic, but while watching the trailer I couldn't help but think, "dang Nintendo, why not just make a longer, more epic Kirby game with Superstar's style of gameplay?" Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Didn't like Crystal Shards much, I really tried to get into it too.

Loved Kirby Superstar, and I played it recently. For the life of me, the great cave offensive is just the best thing ever, I can't remember where everything was so it's still a challenge over a decade later.

Anyway, I really like the direction of this game, and I hope it's good. That being said, I really hope the music in the trailer doesn't represent the style we see in the game. I'd be most disappointed if the music wasn't basically the Jun Ishikawa epic beauty we are all used to, I never get tired of it.

Loved Kirby Superstar, and I played it recently. For the life of me, the great cave offensive is just the best thing ever, I can't remember where everything was so it's still a challenge over a decade later.

I love trying to do 100% speed runs of Great Cave Offensive.

I think my personal best is around 30 minutes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...