The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

DarkeSword

Got to love the art direction!

I don't care about what people say, it looks awesome to me!

Why make a "realistic" version on Wii when the system is not capable of HD and advanced shaders etc. ?

Wait for Zelda on Project Café/ Wii2/ Nintendo Stream for that.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess looked a bit washed out.

For comparison:

Twilight Princess

LINK%201.jpg

Skyward Sword

Legend-Zelda-skyward-sword-Beetle1.jpg

Looks awesome, but I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed that Link is likely to be right handed in all future iterations.

They should set right-handed as standard because most people are right-handed, but they should also include the option to make Link left-handed.

That way, everyone will be satisfied :)

Fun fact: Back when Mario 64 came out, I noticed the trees would turn with the camera. In my 10-year-old mind, I thought it was awesome.

Today, I see these kinds of trees and grass and I understand the limitations that require this sort of thing. I've tried building trees several different ways... And this is by far the best way to do low-poly trees.

Not to say the trees here couldn't look better -- there's flat planes of leaves where an umbrella would look nicer -- but there is a reason games still use this method, and that's because nothing actually looks better for the same poly count.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm... $20 or so for an add-on for a system I haven't touched in months, to play a game I'm probably only going to go through once or twice.

You know what sucks? Years ago, when there were tons of games on all kinds of systems, I had no money to get any of them. I had to get new games for birthday and christmas presents, and had to decide what was best choice out of the few I could get.

Now I can easily afford all the systems and get just about as many games as I want, but I have a hard time justifying the purchase as I find I have less time and interest in any of them (and that's not an age thing, we're talking about when I was 25, not a teenager).

Fuck you, progression of time.