The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

DarkeSword

When I said that, I meant that Nintendo has made virtually no attempt to utilize this technology aside from like, Wii Sports. Other developers know that, and have disregarded the tool in general.

In short, it is just a ploy to squeeze some extra dollars out of nintendo fans. Which is annoying.

Maybe WiiMotionPlus will be utilized more in WiiU, but that's still an underhanded move. Why release something and then have virtually no use or support for it?

Yeah neblix, I'm not saying that OMG NINTENDO HOW COULD BE GREEDY SADFACE ANGRYFACE!!!

I'm saying this WiiMotionPlus thing was poorly-executed and barely supported outside of a minigame compilation. The problem is that there will only be one worthwhile game with the WM+, and that's Zelda.

Nintendo knows Zelda will sell so they just push WiiMotionPlus into it and decide to make more money. Does that make them unique? No.

But that does make me wonder if I even want to bother putting down the money on it.

lol i know my older brother will probably get it. But he'll probably be pissed at buying a worthless add-on to do so.

When I said that, I meant that Nintendo has made virtually no attempt to utilize this technology aside from like, Wii Sports. Other developers know that, and have disregarded the tool in general.

Well, that's kind of a misnomer. This is Nintendo utilizing the technology aside from Wii Sports. It's good tech, and not very expensive, and it's used to good effect in it's appropriate games, like Red Steel 2. If you want there to be support for the device you have to support the device.

And you're probably right about it being used more significantly with the Wii U, so it wouldn't hurt to just get one. Heck: check out HMV. I found a pile of new copies of Red Steel 2 with the Motion+ included for $20.

Also, I think Nintendo is going to make a bundle for SS. Isn't it going to include that golden wiimote+?

legend-of-zelda-gold-remote-0.jpg?20110712-095024

Kinect, Move, Wii Motion Plus, Playstation Eye, the issue is that developers are more wary to make games for a potential gimmick.

On a completely unrelated note: Skyward Sword. I read in an interview that its supposed to have a ridiculous amount of play time and content, more than OoT, MM, or anything else by far. We can sit here and argue how a tree looks for hours, but one thing's for sure: Nintendo wins at gameplay. And if the content holds true to what they're saying, im totally pumped for it.

oh hey is this one of those threads where everyone pretends to hate nintendo because being excited for the next zelda is totally lame

no just for wii motion plus being worthless and not wanting to buy it for the last game of a dying system

i really love zelda games but not 80 dollar zelda games

Well, that's kind of a misnomer. This is Nintendo utilizing the technology aside from Wii Sports. It's good tech, and not very expensive, and it's used to good effect in it's appropriate games, like Red Steel 2. If you want there to be support for the device you have to support the device.

And you're probably right about it being used more significantly with the Wii U, so it wouldn't hurt to just get one. Heck: check out HMV. I found a pile of new copies of Red Steel 2 with the Motion+ included for $20.

Also, I think Nintendo is going to make a bundle for SS. Isn't it going to include that golden wiimote+?

legend-of-zelda-gold-remote-0.jpg?20110712-095024

Those who preordered are going to get an orchestrated soundtrack for Legend of Zelda too. I can't remember what game. Probably OOT. The Golden Wiimote will most likely be a bundle with the game. I don't know if it will be attatched to a preorder, but I've been actually wanting to get WM+. *shrug* Also, with the Golden Wiimote, I'll finally be able to round out my wiimotes to a total of four and justify getting a new set of rechargeable batteries for them.

As a sidethought, doesn't SS require the use of a nunchuck too? Will they make a matching gold nunchuck to go with the Golden Wiimote? Food for thought...

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-bundle/93064

Gamestop finally gets their news. For anyone who's already preordered, It's the Standard Version you're getting unless you specify. The Deluxe version is $70, so make sure your local Gamestop knows which one you want and pay up accordingly!

*scrambles together anything she can sell*

• 5 weeks later...

Videos!

http://kotaku.com/5845158/learn-the-basics-of-skyward-swords-swordplay-in-this-tutorial-video

I'm coming around to the graphics a bit but what really blew my effing mind was the cutscenes with Linky and Zelda. Their little romance.. seems like nintendo might be evolving in the storytelling department.

The only thing I didn't like was that some of the animations are choppy or just non-existent. When Link runs, his sword should bob up and down or something.

I'm coming around to the graphics a bit but what really blew my effing mind was the cutscenes with Linky and Zelda. Their little romance.. seems like nintendo might be evolving in the storytelling department.

NO NO IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IMPLIED AND SILENT WHAT THE **** IS NINTENDO DOING *insert 3 paragraph Metroid: Other M rant style rant*

I'm so psyched for this game. Still gotta wait a little less than a couple months for it though...

Zelda is really my only gaming vice. Every time a new one comes out, I can't stop thinking about anything else until I finish it. When TP was released, I had just gotten laid off and couldn't start my job search until the end credits rolled. Definitely a low point in my gaming career.

No worse than SM64; in DarkeSword's words, the romance was 'caaaaaaaake'.

And honestly, if 'Up' pulled that off and was called a runaway success, I don't see it being a huge issue here. Most Zelda games have set up some small hook for the story at the beginning, especially the low-fi ones: LttP, LA, the Oracles, WW... this really doesn't seem all that different.

(Sooo gonna get slammed for the 'Up' comparison...)