Donkey Kong Country Returns

Hobocop

• 3 weeks later...

necro bump. well, more or less.

what did you guys think of the soundtrack? i don't think the game is really all that remixable, aside from the songs in World 8, most of the original non-remixes were either horrible or just simply forgettable.

the game itself is amazing (amazingly difficult), so i dont get the hate in the gameplay department. yeah the roll mechanic sucks, but you can blame the wii for that.

and yeah, considering how it's already sold 2 million copies im sure there'll be a sequel.

anyone who is bitching about the roll mechanic is just making excuses for the fact that they suck

this game is impeccable, aside from maybe one shitty boss battle and one specific jump in a mine cart level that is seriously poorly designed

999,998 out of 1,000,000 ain't bad

Which boss battle? World 5's?

And yeah, I've had no issue with rolling. Come on, people. Flick of the wrist is all it takes.

Which boss battle? World 5's?

And yeah, I've had no issue with rolling. Come on, people. Flick of the wrist is all it takes.

I'd say World 6 but that's probably just because I'm not the hardcore gam3r that I used to be. Stupid back flap thing.

My biggest problem with the roll, is actually something no one ever complains about. Aside from it being semi-often unresponsive during time trials, it also goes off sometimes when you're blowing on a flower and you accidentally hit left on the d-pad and plummet to your doom. It honestly would've been better mapped to a button, they really had no reason to make it waggle controlled other than "well it's the wii".

Really the biggest problem with the roll is time trials. It's good enough for the main game.

My sister and I beat the game, and are working on the hidden temples now. Really fun and challenging game. I was pretty tempted to use the super guide once or twice!

I never was a huge fan of the original games. I enjoyed the first and have fond memories playing it with friends, but the second and third aren't really all that exciting for me. With that in mind, I really loved DCKR. I'd recommend it to people who only "like" the originals; it's a much better game.

But dude. The flying purple koalas with ties (that threw bombs and that made amazing noises when they died). Don't tell me that wasn't worth it.

Also, this game was really fun, but I beat it in about three days. (I played it a lot) (well, beat all the the levels on normal mode and got all the KONG letters, fuck the puzzle pieces fuck mirror mode and fuck the hell out of time trial). I actually liked the rocket barrel levels a lot... plus one of the most hilarious things in the game (besides the spoiled thing above) was watching a gorilla on a rocket crash into a random rock and explode and die. At least I thought. I'm weird.

All I know is switcheroo and music madness were totally ripped from mario galaxy 2 wat

Good levels regardless. Except switcheroo. It wouldn't let me rush ;-;

Probably one of my favorite moments in the game that I still remember was last night as I entered World 8, just expecting random lava levels. Last worlds tend to be really easy, and I'm probably the only one who thinks SMB3 is easy as hell. No but instead I was introduced to flaming boulders from hell. And I died multiple times. And it was amazing.

plus one of the most hilarious things in the game (besides the spoiled thing above) was watching a gorilla on a rocket crash into a random rock and explode and die.
this pretty much takes the awesomeness of the rocket barrel stages to a whole new level.

Just got to World 7, and each "K" level is pushing my ingenuity when it comes to inventing new combinations and uses of the f-bomb.

I have never, EVER, seen a game that subscribes so heavily to the law of "learn our level like the back of your hand and THEN you may pass."

It's been a long time since I have semi-dreaded the last world of any game.

If there's one thing I'd change in this game, it's the fact that any rocket barrel or mine cart level reduces your hits to 1. They were by far the most frustrating levels in the entire game, and made me ragequit quite a few times.

Also, whose idea was it to not let you keep Diddy during the final boss fight should you die? I went back through that (friggin') rocket barrel part with 2 players active just so I could keep Diddy if I died.

Of course, the early worlds feel downright tame in comparison now that I've finished the nightmarish 8th world. I dunno if I'll bother getting all the KONG letters, but it has been a fun ride.

But yeah. To hell with those rocket barrels.

Playing the rocket barrel levels with a friend are exercises in fun and frustration.

WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T YOU PRESS THE A BUTTON YOU FAGGOT

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING IT YOU FUCKING MORON

And much like Galaxy 2, I'm finding out with the K levels just how amazed I am at Retro, who STILL is saving all the awesome ideas even right to the very end. It's incredible.

If there's one thing I'd change in this game, it's the fact that any rocket barrel or mine cart level reduces your hits to 1. They were by far the most frustrating levels in the entire game, and made me ragequit quite a few times.

I actually thought it was kind of refreshing to have levels where you die should you take a single hit, just like games of old. Games used to be way harder before life gauges were ever implemented, so this seemed a bit like a throwback to me.