Essence of Lime - An Oracle of Ages remix project

Lemonectric

SiteLink.png

Or click here if you're stubborn and want to use IE.

Or watch the awesome

first.

Essence of Lime is an unofficial remix project covering the soundtrack of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. The album clocks in at over 2 hours, with 2 discs and a 2-year development. Any music that appeared in Ages has been remixed, including tracks that appeared in both Oracles. Seasons-only tracks...not yet. We have different plans for that.

"Wait, unofficial?" you ask. "Why?"

Well, two years ago, I decided to start Essence of Lime as a solo project (hence the citrusy pun), assuming there would not be enough interest to carry a full-scale project. I was slightly wrong about the lack of interest; as I continued chipping away at the tracklist, people began to ask if they could help out. I opened up the project, realizing that I had a lot a work ahead of me. I'm incredibly grateful to those people (as well as the people I managed to recruit) for their help and enthusiasm. Whether or not they met the deadlines. :<

Special thanks to The_Maverickk, who went above and beyond to create some stellar artwork, and MW, who designed and hosted the website.

So check it out. We hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to take a look at the art; there's a lot of it.

(WIPs from our public era have probably been updated, so don't skip over tracks you've already heard.)

Listening Party

If this is your kind of thing, OCAD will be hosting a listening party on an enterthegame.com chatroom (#ocad) around 5 PM EST Sunday. Make sure to have the album downloaded by then if you want to participate. It's about 2 hours and 20 minutes long (which translates to "long as hell" when you're just focusing on the music).

Advertising Banners

The_Maverickk put these together for advertising purposes. Use 'em if you like, and link them to the site.

Ad-1.jpg

Coupon-1.jpg

Moosh-1.jpg

CutOut-1.jpg

Congratulations on finishing your project, unofficial as it may be. I've never played Oracle of Ages but I will definitely check it out soon! If history is any indication, one does not need to have played said game to enjoy said remix album, so I'll probably find some gems here too.

I remember seeing the thread for the start of the project years ago and wondering if it had a chance just based on how many other, more popular projects were going on, but clearly, any doubts were misplaced, nice job!

Congratulations on finishing your project, unofficial as it may be. I've never played Oracle of Ages but I will definitely check it out soon! If history is any indication, one does not need to have played said game to enjoy said remix album, so I'll probably find some gems here too.

I remember seeing the thread for the start of the project years ago and wondering if it had a chance just based on how many other, more popular projects were going on, but clearly, any doubts were misplaced, nice job!

Thanks! It's been long, but fun.

It lives! Been a long time coming, so congrats on finally releasing Essence of Lime.

I'm really thankful to have been able to work alongside such an enthusiastic and talented group of people.

Everyone has put his heart and a lot of hard work into this project, and the result is beyond expectations.

I'd like to thank Ben for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this project, for all the feedback and motivation he provided.

He took the time to help everyone onboard regardless of their reputation or ability, and without being bossy or judgemental.

He really inspired me to try and lead a project of my own, and helped me grow as an artist. So mad props to him for that.

Props to The Maverickk, BLUamnEsiac and all the graphic design team for going all out and creating such wonderful artwork (in such massive quantities).

Props to MW for his site coding skills, his open mind as well as producing and providing hosting services on the Revasser network. And Flexstyle too for hosting.

Props to GirlzMelon and Capt'N Brushfire for the memorable summer-blockbuster-flick 2010 album trailer.

Finally, Props to all the seriously talented and crazy cool musicians in the EoL team. You know who you are guys! :D

Looking forward to the listening party. Hope everyone will enjoy the album!

From what I can tell, it's pretty much specifically an issue with IE. I'm working to see if there's any way around the problem.

I can confirm it's an issue with IE - I tested it out on IE8.

There is an issue with px lengths in IE, so you have to do something to work around it - specifying a document type should fix the problem of the music button missing I think. The background though I'm not sure how you would fix it - would creating a separate CSS file work? It certainly looks like it would be more efficient if there was a CSS file for the site instead of inserting the style tag for each page.