Essence of Lime - An Oracle of Ages remix project

Lemonectric

I also like the music, although a few of the tracks are really short, or atleast I'd like it if they were longer!

Haha. This is why I combined a lot of the sources. Some of them are incredibly short. I was really impressed at the length some of the remixers got out of the shortest ones.

Unofficial or not, it's just AWESOME to see a project run on this site be finished. Kudos guy, it's a big uphill battle is it not?

It definitely took a while, but I had fun pretty much the entire time. Good group of people. A+++++ WOULD DIRECT AGAIN

It looks like you have a nice hosting partner there with Revasser, but why not upload a torrent to the OCRemix torrent tracker and a public tracker such as btjunkie?

I'd recommend a 7z of all the FLAC files, as I'm trying to download them all individually from archive.org and it's quite irritating.

Not only is it free bandwidth, but with enough seeds it is much faster.

It looks like you have a nice hosting partner there with Revasser, but why not upload a torrent to the OCRemix torrent tracker and a public tracker such as btjunkie?

I'd recommend a 7z of all the FLAC files, as I'm trying to download them all individually from archive.org and it's quite irritating.

Not only is it free bandwidth, but with enough seeds it is much faster.

He can't do the OCR torrent because it's not an official OCR album (as I understand it).

^ What Abadoss said. I'll ask MW about other torrenting options, though; I think we considered it at one point, but I can't remember exactly what came of it.

Uploading a zip file of 42 FLACs takes...an incredibly long-ass time. :< But we'll see what we can do.

^ What Abadoss said. I'll ask MW about other torrenting options, though; I think we considered it at one point, but I can't remember exactly what came of it.

Uploading a zip file of 42 FLACs takes...an incredibly long-ass time. :< But we'll see what we can do.

It seems you've never uploaded a torrent before.

Here's how it works.

1. You open a torrent client (such as vuze or utorrent) and select the "Create Torrent" option.

2. You select a directory or a bunch of files to be included in the torrent.

3. You enter the url of a torrent tracker that you wish to handle peers or "track" the torrent.

4. Your torrent client creates a small torrent file (~50KB)

5. You upload this torrent file to the trackers that you added.

6. You leave your torrent client open

7. Others download the torrent file from the tracker, and begin downloading from your torrent client.

8. Even if you have not uploaded the whole thing, others will begin downloading from the people who started downloading from you.

9. Once there are a good number of seeds, everyone is downloading super fast!

I've realized that it would be a poor idea to track a 7z of the FLACs, as users who already have some of the FLACs could add themselves to the pool with a partially completed download. With your permission, I'll upload a torrent (that credits your website) to BT junkie with all of the FLACs and Art.

I've realized that it would be a poor idea to track a 7z of the FLACs, as users who already have some of the FLACs could add themselves to the pool with a partially completed download. With your permission, I'll upload a torrent (that credits your website) to BT junkie with all of the FLACs and Art.

Sounds good to me, if you don't mind. I would be really grateful. MW says he'll put the info on the website when it's ready.

Sounds good to me, if you don't mind. I would be really grateful. MW says he'll put the info on the website when it's ready.

Ok, torrent is ready. I decided to track using OpenBittorrent, PublicBittorrent and torrent.to so that we can distribute the torrent file ourselves.

Linked below is the torrent file (which you can put up on the website), as well as the Credits.txt file, which is the only original file that I added to the torrent.

If you (or any internet connections that you have control over) would like to help seed, point your torrent client to a directory containing these files.

The "Album Art" and "Wallpapers" directory are the files from all-art.7z split into two folders.

Torrent File

Credits.txt

The torrent file should work now.

Love the album! :D

Ohey nice mixpost, Hylian. :smile:

WHY WERE THE JUDGES SO NICE TO IT

Oh well. One of my favorite tracks from my younger days becomes my first posted remix. I can accept that. :<

Thank you so much for the advertising, djp/judges! Sorry about the unofficialness; I promise the Seasons album is getting a lot more planning and AWESOMENESS. I learned a lot over the course of this album, and I'm not just saying that.

I can't decide which of these tracks I like best. In the Skull Dungeon track, I noticed an oriental instrument I can't figure out the name of. This music is just so intense. (With exceptions like Zorlaxseven's and The Eluryahn's tracks), there's just so much going on. Waiting for Essence of Lime was tough, but now that one's out, waiting however long for Oracle of Seasons should be much easier (I'd be hard-pressed to find reason to complain about the latter half of next year).

The important thing is that, official or not, OC Remix has spawned a Legend of Zelda themed album, and one of the most unlikely ones as well!

I really hope this isn't a shot at my abilities as a composer...

I'm not shooting at you. Piano renditions are much calmer and simpler in nature than rock, acoustic, electronic, etc. "Less going on" means there's generally just the piano to listen to; usually there aren't multiple instruments.