Sin and Punishment 2

Sinewav

Yeah, I thought it was spam from a hardcore BDSM site at first glace. The I saw it was from Nintendo, and curiosity got the best of me.

Whichever member of the marketing team came up with that subject line deserves to be promoted on the spot.

I want to like this game, but everything about it gives me this vibe that it's pretty much just a simplistic rail shooter.

Can anyone tell me why this game(and the first) are awesome?

Because it's as much of a reflex-testing puzzle game as it is a a rail shooter. The solution to getting past a particular enemy isn't always spelled out for you. Plus the gameplay kind of mixes itself up between melee and shooting depending on the proximity of your enemies which is unlike any rail game I've played, it's a mechanic that's well-used all throughout the game. And of course the boss fights (in true Treasure game style) are absolutely fan-fucking-tastically fun to play against and once again very puzzle-like in figuring out how to beat.

It easily has as much depth as a highly regarded rail shooter like Star Fox 64. That says a lot.

That said because the first one is like one of my favourite games, I have a huge boner for S&P2 right now and can't wait for it to come out.

Also it's Treasure, a studio that pretty much never makes a bad game.

Treasure games are usually about the most pure and fun experiences in gaming; it's distilled from a lot of the trappings that makes games boring.

Yeah you know like long winded and boring cut scenes, and bad writing/acting that infests games today?

I picked it up today after absolutely loving the original. Every store I went to was sold out with the exception of a Wal-Mart across town that had two copies left.

So far I'm only about 2 hours in so I can't say if it's better than the original or not, but it's pretty fun so far (but the feeling is a little darker than the original.). The sub-par voice acting and some of the story elements are my only complaints. It really feels like a lot was lost in translation, and the voice overs just don't fit exactly like you think they should (hell, they're leaps and bounds better than the N64 version). The gameplay is killer though. Each stage feels really long with plenty of mini-boss battles thrown in. Figuring out how to kill off these mini-bosses/bosses is a lot of fun, and killing a whole line of enemies in the background with one graceful sweep of bullets is absolute bliss. The more precise your shots become (and sword slices) the more cool and fun it is to play the game.

It's nice to have a new game that has that old arcade feel while still staying fresh. If Treasure is under appreciated for anything, it is how perfectly balanced their gameplay mechanics are. It is genuinely challenging at times while still being fun.

And it's REALLY nice to see a relatively forgiving continue and checkpoint system. More shooter's need these simple additions.

... off to play more Sin and Punishment 2!

The sub-par voice acting and some of the story elements are my only complaints. It really feels like a lot was lost in translation, and the voice overs just don't fit exactly like you think they should (hell, they're leaps and bounds better than the N64 version).

Honestly, I wouldn't have Sin and Punishment be any other way.

It's fucking rad.

There's a Japanese language option, for those desiring it. The point of S&P is that the story is generic crazy post-Eva sci-fi, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Freaking LOVING this game. Playing on Normal Mode, just about every boss after the first couple of them have managed to kill me two or three times each. That one in the tunnel, with the spinning laser grates, probably got me three times before I beat it with no health lost. Just finished Stage 3, and will definitely be going back for more later.

Also, I agree with Necrotic: it isn't Sin and Punishment if it makes sense, has good voice acting, or is easy.

I can see that they have not improved the story at all, judging from these posts.

Is it at least more coherent than the first game (which made absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER)?

Oh well, is at least the voice acting funny?

I'll settle for RE hilarity at the least.

I can see that they have not improved the story at all, judging from these posts.

Is it at least more coherent than the first game (which made absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER)?

Oh well, is at least the voice acting funny?

I'll settle for RE hilarity at the least.

The voice acting isn't TERRIBLE. I mean, I've heard worse, but the voices are just fine, really.

The dialogue is silly. Did you know that all humans have two legs, and having 2 legs is something that defines humanity?

I just want to say this game is everything I wanted it to be, and the music in it rocks tits just like the first game, which was something I was really hoping they'd get right. Best shooter of this style that I've played in a long time. There's like a bajillion times more boss fights than in the first game and they're all amazingly fun to play. And the Wii pointer improves the gameplay a million times over. They added a charge cannon mechanic that adds something to the gameplay a lot, because it adds yet another function to keep track of and timing how you use it IS important.

The voice acting isn't TERRIBLE. I mean, I've heard worse, but the voices are just fine, really.

The dialogue is silly. Did you know that all humans have two legs, and having 2 legs is something that defines humanity?

"Oh, and a tail!"

"Sure...

WE DON'T HAVE TAILS!!!"