OCR01238 - *YES* Final Fantasy 9 'Messenger in the Key of Black' *RESUB*

Liontamer

LT: Aight bros, I saw this released on VGMix a few days ago with Nex giving Lightwarmth's piece the human touch, so I PMed Luke to hook this collab up with the resubmit. Here's the old rejection & Lightwarth's info:

Remixer Name: Lightwarmth (Luke Nickel)

Remix Performer: Nex (David Bradbury)

Your Email Address: lightwarmth20@hotmail.com

Game's Remixed: Final Fantasy IX

Song Remixed: Nobuo Uematsu - "Dark Messenger"

Remix Title: Lightwarmth & Nex - "Messenger in the Key of Black"

Remix Link:

Comments: Something I came up with a while ago - a bit far out (classical arrangement of rock song!) but I think it turned out well. Got rejected due to synth, so I here I am thanks to a recording by Nex (ocnex, Conexicon). Enjoy the Remix!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Most NOs from the old decision liked the arrangement and thought it was where it needed to be, but also felt the delivery was mechanical. I've heard/kept the first version and played it on VGF way back. If I was on the panel back then, that would have been NOed by me as well. This collab version solves those problems with much stronger execution courtesy of Dave. I thought the reverb could have been toned down, and the piano sounds too far in the back at times, but otherwise great job Lightwarmth & Nex! I'm glad LW didn't let this one fall by the wayside.

YES

I'm not as impressed as some of the others seem to be on this one. The arrangement and performance as a whole is pretty good on the whole. Some parts just seem kind of bland in my book. I'm not sure what exactly is the case here, whether it's reverb or far mic'd but I wish the piano didn't sound so distant. Intimacy would have been nice. Not crazy about this one, but the arrangement, performance, production as a whole make it passable.

YES