OCR01235 - Mega Man X2, X3 & X1 "Beamsabre Beat ZERO v2"

djpretzel

YES! this got in, I hoped it did. I do like this one alot. Too much (#1 in a lot of my C.D.s). I do like Zero's theme a lot and this is good. I don't think this is THE remix of his theme song. I do like a lot ....Did I just say that? The voice is cool. The Z-saber strikes are a nice sound too.

DJP says it's good but I like to think of it as Zero's theme mix better the Proitcity Brainstick Metal (X's theme mix if you asked me). Very cool

The voices are from Rockman X4 as far as I can tell, from the in-game cutscenes. There's also in-game voice samples. The intro speech sounds like it's Dr Wily, and the others are Zero himself(Yes, I play far too much Megaman games for my own good)

I had on my playlist a way earlier version of this song. This one is a huge improvement over it, just so much more to it than the original but it's clear that it's an evolution of it. I am a mega man fan, but not that hard core as to know the voices, just freaking awesome that the original 3 of the X series have Remixes now. This remix is quite enjoyable and worth listening to for the techno and decent use of elements. I like.

Zidarose

While this does seem a bit generic, it also stands out in that it's also original (in my experience) in it's good use of the sounds and voices. Good start, good middle (great middle if you enjoy the sounds enacting a battle), good end. I'm no judge but I think some of you are underrating this a bit. Definitely staying on my playlist for a while. 8)

Okay, here's the deal. This is, by far, NOT my best work. However, I still enjoyed working on this mix a lot. It was over a year in the making (on and off), and I think it came out nicely.

Here's the voice breakdown. The opening voice is Wily from X6 talking about how Zero is his greatest robot or something. All of the other voice samples of the guy you hear are Zero in X4, from various cutscenes.

In response to others in the thread, yeah it's generic techno, but you're talking to the guy who has THE MOST generic techno song on the site (Gundam Wing Endless Duel).

As for the comparison to Prot's Brainsick Metal, don't even compare please. This mix doesn't attain the same level as an awesome mix like that. :roll:

Anyway this mix was mostly for the MM fans out there, so I hope that they, if anyone, enjoy it.

To answer the question about the voices, here's a quote from the mixer himself, DarkeSword:

The opening voice is Dr. Wily, saying something to the effect of Zero being his greatest robot. All of the other voice clips are of Zero from the MMX4 cutscenes. The SFX breakdown in the middle consists of SFX from MMX6.

Anyway, yeah, I love this song. Great blending of the themes, and great usage of the voice clips and SFX. Awesome.

EDIT: Aw, I thought I'd be able to absolutely confirm it before he had to come here himself... Damn, I was too slow. But that's what happens when you leave the computer in the middle of a post. Oh well, a double confirmation it is, then.

We have an X2 remix...and it's.....ABOUT....FUCKING.....TIME! Not only is it a great remix, It's a compilation of the themes of the greatest character in MM history. This mix rocks. My only problem with it is that it's too short and could have been a bit heavier and inclusive of a more reverant trancy beat seeing as Zero was always more mysterious than out front.

Overall score: 8.3 mass excellence!

I have to agree with the dude that said this was generic techno01, well, it is.

Very much so.

Best work or not, why doesn't Darke finish that MMZ2 song. It's fifty times more interesting than this cut-paste generic techno thingy.

DarkeSword... I was a fan of the first version of this mix, and although it's still very much the same mix as before, I LOVE what you've done with this. The SFX you use are great and not only go with the techno, but also brings me back to the days where I would beat the game from start to finish a few times every day... This song was my favorite in MMX2, and I would fight against Zero and beat the game just to hear this song, it was great. What you've done with it makes it so much better. Mixing in the MMX theme for Zero, as well as those voices is just great. I must ask, though you certainly don't need to answer, where did you find voice samples for Zero? Are the from RMZ, or are they from the MMX anime? Or even somewhere else? I think they're great and really add to the mix. Damn, that one little battle section sounds great... It goes perfectly with the beat (as you made it do, obciously :P), and it sounds freaking awesome, it makes me want to play through the game and fight against Zero (or watch him destroy his pitiful clone, though fighting him is a lot more fun ;)). Thanks for spending the time to improve this mix, I had no problems with the original, but this one is even better...

And I must say a techno mix of this song is very fitting, especially due to how short the original theme actually is. You've done an incredible job at adding a lot of variation and flavor to the song. Congrats on a job well done. :)

Edit: For those of you who are saying this is cut and paste techno... Well, even if it is, this song is about a year old, and if you are familiar with the source material he's working with, not to mention mixing itself, you will know how difficult it is to make something that's less than 10 seconds long into a 4 minute mix. Give Darke the credit he deserves instead of bitching about why he's working on an old project. I commend his ability to see this thing through, it's taken a while, but he finished it, and it sounds good.

Although I really like the RMZ2 mix (I listened to it at least for 2 days straight when I got the first version), and I hope he finishes that one as well, I'm glad Darke finished this mix, the original song has a special place in my memory, and this remix does the song justice. I'd even go so far as to say that this remix is at least 10x better than the original.

Thanks for sharing this mix with us, Darke. Don't let those ungrateful bastages pull you down. ;):P

Good luck on your future mixes, and I can't wait to hear what you make next! :)

2nd Edit: Disregard my question of the voices... I just read about them... :P

Sometimes I wonder what the judges panel is smoking. This is a fantastic mix, not to mention the first X2 mix.

There is nothing wrong with this mix, makes me want to break out X2 and start playing again.

All techno is generic guys, you either like it or you dont. I have never heard any "revolutionary" techno. As for this song, this has a eurobeat sound to it, something kinda like outta Initial-D anime.

I like it a lot, its one of my top 10 from this site.

Good job, Darkesword.

makes me want to break out X2 and start playing again.

I agree with this, I have the actual BGM,but I wasn't overly impressed with it. Mostly due to the, in my opinion, better themes for Zero from X3 and X4. Yet this remix melds all the themes of from the pre-playstaion zero, into one catchy tune.

Kinda makes me wish I had gotten the chance to finish X2

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01235 - Mega Man X2, X3 & X1 "Beamsabre Beat ZERO v2"