OCR01235 - Mega Man X2, X3 & X1 "Beamsabre Beat ZERO v2"

djpretzel

HEY

Obviously I wasnt refering to you Darkesword, I would think you dont judge your own remix for posting :)

In all honesty, I have yet to find a mix you've made that I didnt like :) I just find that I personally REALLY enjoy several mixes that judges are most harsh on.

It's ironic that this mix was so debated by the panel because it would be accepted in an instant if it were submitted by anyone besides a judge. Although I don't necessarily disagree with their holding their own to higher standards, I don't think you can do much more with a techno mix like this than has already been done...good voice integration, solid transitions, an all-around good piece. Sure it's not the best, and Shariq has a ton of great mixes on the site, but especially considering that it's the first X2 mix, I don't see why it shouldn't have been a unanimous decision. There really is no such thing as a "perfect" techno mix, but this one is certainly better than others.

Megaman fan since i was born...............all i have to say is this................I don't care what you people are trash talking about generic techno and such, U guys don't know DIDDLEY SQUAT..........U guys wouldn't even know when good music came to you even though you still keep bobbing your head to the beat...................well anyways, GREAT JOB.............I have been listening to tracks from this site for a while now (i think for 4-5 years)...I know when there is a good hit, this just happens to be a good hit............This is something that you listen to when you are drivng on the freeway.....and if you have stick shift, your right arm will be changing gears to the mood of the music........i got up to 95mph..........without noticing it.....lates

It's ironic that this mix was so debated by the panel because it would be accepted in an instant if it were submitted by anyone besides a judge.

Nope. It doesn't matter who submits what. Judges judge music, not people.

So does that mean my tanned, muscular figure won't affect their decision either? Dammit.

I don't respond back to many remixes, mostly because I think that most are good enough. A piece can't really be that bad, especially not if the person has some musical talent and a good idea of how to give the original beat a good pulse.However, after hearing this piece, I must say that its not bad. It really brings out the emotions of MegaMan. I think it covers almost everything a techno should cover. The orginial meloday along an added mix of chimes in the back. Overall, this piece is one fast paced techno funk song. Excellent Job Darkesword. I look foward to hearing more of your pieces.

I really don't understand what has happened to most of the judges around here, this peice is wonderful! These songs needed to be mixed long beforehis FIRST version came out, which was moderatly good, but he revamps it to a far superior level and you make it seem as though it's a peice of *beep*. The recently added so-called "Jazz" mix of Megaman 3's intro theme was IMO a wad of the above mentioned, yet it seems to get more praise than this great peice of techno which greatly captures the essence of all three themes and even finds a way to play them at the same time and make it seem as if it was SUPPOSED to be that way from the start! Whatever happened to the days of "Brainsick Metal" and "Metalman Stainless Steel"? Mixes like those don't seem to get enough credit ofr being smack-down face melting rock! I realize this isnt rock, but I hope you know what I mean...maybe I'm reading too much into this.

I liked it, but not enough to add it to my permanent playlist. Mostly because during the XvZ theme that plays throughout the song, they missed a secondary note which really, REALLY started to bug me. Mostly because that song was pounded in to my brain by a ten minute stalemate of fighting zero in X2. Did I mention that X2 is my favorite megaman game, ever?

Zerbo: Brainsick is one of my favorite OCremixes ever. In fact, I would say it's in my top ten favorite songs ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is it people, I have always loved video gaming and the society therein, but when I found this site, my heart stopped. The first thing I did was hunt down music in mega man titles, specifically the X series. This was the third remix I downloaded and it's still my fav after at least 50 other mixes. DarkeSword this is truly how a mix should sound, I could hum along as I knew the track, you didnt change it, you improved it. And the voiceovers nearly made me piss my pants. They arent from that particular title but they fit in just fine. Currently addicted to Resident Evil 4 and the anime Full Metal Alchemist. My email adress is Chaotix_0@yahoo.com if anyone wants to email me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01235 - Mega Man X2, X3 & X1 "Beamsabre Beat ZERO v2"